Surviving Surgery with ME/CFS and FM: Pat's Story

Surviving Surgery with ME/CFS and FM: Pat's Story

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Surviving Surgery with ME/CFS and FM: Pat's Story - Pat's protocol for surviving surgery

Pat's Story

Luck or Due Diligence?

We all know people with ME/CFS and/or FM who have had to have various types of surgeries and have ended up bedridden for weeks or months after surgery and sometimes suffered other horrendous events such as strokes or heart problems as a result of the surgeries themselves. Some have even ended up in nursing homes to recover. Some people with chronic fatigue syndrome suffer severe relapses from surgery but Pat didn’t – not...

Read more about this resource...

AnneVA

Cort submitted a new resource:

Surviving Surgery with ME/CFS and FM: Pat's Story - Pat's protocol for surviving surgery

Read more about this resource...

I'd add to resist efforts from the medical staff, ie. nurses, to push you to get up too soon. Pull the catheter a day later, get up out of bed and walk a day later. Surgery #1 for my daughter had them very attentive to POTS and she did well. For surgery #2, same type, other hip, they pushed her and she was miserable. Their decisions forced her to get up and moving too quickly and her body crashed. She could then do nothing. Pace, even post-surgery.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources