Symptoms of early Parkinson's after many years?

ThereseFlower

I would like to hear from others regarding early Parkinson's disease - like symptoms in CFIDS/ME. I have been ill with ME, FM, MCS, and related conditions for over 27 years. Thank you for your input, please respond.

SarahNewman

I would like to hear from others regarding early Parkinson's disease - like symptoms in CFIDS/ME. I have been ill with ME, FM, MCS, and related conditions for over 27 years. Thank you for your input, please respond.
I have been having some tremor issues after 35 years of ME/CFS. Perhaps I have always had a humming electricity in my nerves…certainly an intermittent neuropathy in my hands has been my most constant symptom. I was put on amlodipine for high blood pressure and the neuropathy symptom which had been dormant for years came back, followed by an increasing tremor. It took me a while to connect the two. If you Google Parkinsonism and amlodipine, there is mention of tremors which improve but don’t go away after a year. My tremors now are not noticeable except when I eat chocolate (caffeine) or when I need to do fine motor skills. I have been having a big bout of neuropathy the past couple of years and it is clearly due to reactions to food. If I stick with a personally tailored food sensitivity/anti inflammatory diet, I keep the pain at bay and the tremors under control. I have been told repeatedly that I do not have Parkinson’s. But it is disturbing, isn’t it?

ThereseFlower

Sarah,
Yes it is concerning. It is my understanding that a DAT scan is the definitive test for PD, and that test is not done everywhere.
Thank you for response. I hope you won't any progression of symptoms from here.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources