Taurine question. taste and function?

Who Me?

I just started using taurine at night to help me sleep and it's working great. The caps I have are pretty big and I hate choking them down at night.

What's it taste like if I just dump some in water?

Who Me?

spill a bit onto your finger and taste it.
Well that makes entirely too much sense. Duh.:confused:

I noticed it is making my poop really dark too. I think this is a good thing.:smuggrin:

I read on curezone that if Taurine turns your poop (where's an emoji when you need one) dark that means bile is working and you are dumping copper.

Anyone know?

Last edited:

Strike me lucky

Well that makes entirely too much sense. Duh.:confused:

I noticed it is making my poop really dark too. I think this is a good thing.:smuggrin:

I read on curezone that if Taurine turns your poop (where's an emoji when you need one) dark that means bile is working and you are dumping copper.

Anyone know?

Not copper coins you might have eaten as a kid. You might be paying out like a poker machine hehe ;)

Paw

Taurine is super mild. Easy to ingest 500 mg (1/8 tsp) with no water at all.Texture is like a fine sugar. At first it seems a little sweet, then there's a very faint hint of acidic (sour). There's no feeling of a chemical reaction on the tongue. No rejection response. Easy peasy.

Who Me?

Thanks @Paw I realized last night I was taking a double dose. I thought my caps were 500 mgs but they were 1000. I was going to dump one of those in some water. I guess bulk might be easier since I can dump it under my tongue. Do you use Powder City? I'm leary of them given you finding surprises in some bulk stuff you got

I took 3000 mgs last night which is usually max dosage and I woke at 3 a.m. and never got back to sleep. I don't know if it's because of the lower dose taurine or because I didn't use Oleamide.

Paw

Yes, I used Powder City. I figure all the little hairs and shit just add valuable protein. Seems like their earthier powders -- CoQ10, ashwagandha, bacopa -- are usually worse than the white stuff.

500 mg of taurine might be a bit much for under your tongue, but it goes down easily however you do it.

I should try higher doses. I'm a big fan of anything gaba-related, but I always try to rotate.

Who Me?

I'm using it to control my heart palps so I can sleep. Propranolol causes problems if I use too much. The sleep is a bonus.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources