Testosterone replacement therapy for guys

Strike me lucky

Screenshot_20160903-175210.png

Low testosterone in men can exacerbate alot of symptoms in cfsme. TRT/HRT can also improve stamina through red blood cell production and can also increase low white blood cells and neutrophils. Many guys adequately treated say sleep improves as well as aches and pains, depression and energy, the list goes on.

My testosterone levels are always dodgy and low by the above table which shows hormone averages for ones age. My last test showed me at 315 and in australia they dont even consider treatment until testosterone is below 230. My levels arent even adequate for an 85yo. I think i have several symptoms that can improve with trt especially mild anemia(hemolytic) and low neutrophils. Nutrient causes of anemia have been ruled out.

Im sure theres other guys in my situation. Its frustrating as we have a condition cfsme not recognized with low hormone levels that also arent recognized. I really dont think medicine is interested in our health.

Im sure theres a stigma of testosterone and drugs in sports but what about people who medically need these treatments. Its like chronic pain patients being denied pain relief because of a small percentage of people abusing narcotics, but fk the people who need it.

Remy

Administrator
It's really a scary idea when you consider that young men are increasingly being born with low testosterone due to all the xenoestrogens and other environmental toxins too. How long is it before our species is doomed?

Issie

I really think there is a connection with hormones. Mostly estrogen dominance in both women and men. Yet docs refuse to check a man's estrogen levels. It's the balance - they are probably off. Watch foods. My hubby figured out not to eat flax or soy. Zinc will raise test levels. And there is a Life Extension product called Miraforte that you need to take with DIM so things don't convert into estrogen. They also recommend DHEA with that mixture for men.

Issie

Strike me lucky

I really think there is a connection with hormones. Mostly estrogen dominance in both women and men. Yet docs refuse to check a man's estrogen levels. It's the balance - they are probably off. Watch foods. My hubby figured out not to eat flax or soy. Zinc will raise test levels. And there is a Life Extension product called Miraforte that you need to take with DIM so things don't convert into estrogen. They also recommend DHEA with that mixture for men.

Issie

Yes balance is important. With men testosterone will change/aromatase to estrogen in a certain amount and this can increase with age and body fat. So men low in testosterone when given T to increase levels, some guys end up aromatasing too much to estrogen. Its common with good male hrt drs , they also prescribe low doses of antiaromatases to stop this convertion, like arimidex.

DHEA is good for guys but doesnt really increase T like it does in women. The main benefits seem to be improvement in general wellbeing and is said to counteract the side effects of cortisol. I have been off dhea for a few weeks due to running out, not sure if its a coincidence but sleep has worsen and a different level of fatigue. See if these things reverse when i restart dhea, i hope so.

I think most of us cfsers have adrenal and sex hormone abnormalities. One of many things we have stuffed up lol

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources