• Caffeine ultimately leaves me depleted

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Caffeine has no real effect

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Caffeine boosts me up without leaving me depleted

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Abrin

Caffeine is one of the most useful supplements I use...it blocks adenosine (the hibernation molecule) and perks me right up temporarily.

I definitely have to watch it though because it is a fine line between just enough and too much.

Supposedly green tea is better at smoothing out the highs and lows and I think that must be true because I can drink a lot of it and not notice the caffeine at all - either the positive or the negative on energy - independent of all the good EGCG.

Thanks for your response in this thread @Remy . I use caffeine in very small amounts to help give me more energy for when I have things that need to be completed on my to-do list but I have been worrying that I might be making things worse. It is good to know that as long as I am keeping it to small amounts that the temporary benefits I am getting from it wont' necessarily be setting me back.

Feral Boy

I love to drink coffee, but it makes me both jittery and tired. I probably drink too much: usually a triple-shot Americano, and sometimes a second round. I'd rather not calculate how much caffeine that would be.

Instead, I usually drink a pot of yerba maté in the a.m. I think I adjusted the dose to come in at around 200mg caffeine. That, plus 10mg amphetamine salts, (usually) gets me going.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources