The Elusive Ketosis.

bobby

@San Diego I don't think ketosis is necessarily good for everyone. It's just like how some people thrive on a vegan diet, while others feel really weak on it. I agree with @Remy that sometimes trying a little longer pays off. But diet is such a personal thing, we're all so different, so I always try to listen to my intuition as well... Usually that tells me what I need to do.

Who Me?

Are you trying to lose weight? If this doesn't agree with you cut calories. I used MyFitnessPal app to track what I ate and lost about 15. I still use how I ate as a guide now.

@San Diego

San Diego

Are you trying to lose weight? If this doesn't agree with you cut calories. I used MyFitnessPal app to track what I ate and lost about 15. I still use how I ate as a guide now.

@San Diego
I do need to drop a few, but not this fast. I’ve been using Fitness Pal and love it, as it tracks Macros. That really helps for the ketosis thing.

If nothing else, this has gotten me out of my late night carb habit. :D

Remy

Administrator
AAARRRGGGHHH!! Ketosis is elusive again. I've measured the past few days and it's been very bad. And I feel like I'm gaining weight, which is the real problem of course since I'm still only about halfway to my goal weight.

I had expanded my salad repertoire to include a taco salad instead of just the plain chicken Caesar and BLT salads...and had an occasional protein bar. But I'm totally bummed. Back to the boards we go...why does this all have to be so hard???

Remy

Administrator
Are you taking measurements like waist etc. In the past when very low carbing i found weight would stagnate but measurements would drop??
I actually haven't weighed myself because I would vomit at the number. I go only off measurements. :(

Having high prolactin is a BITCH!

Remy

Administrator
So I shouldn’t necessarily give up? I guess the trick is finding the highest carb level that still allows ketosis? Were you fatigued during the months of adjustment? (months! yikes!!!)

What is C8 oil?

Thanks. :)
C8 refers to a type of medium chain triglyceride called capyrilic acid. It's found as a small percentage in coconut oil but if you want the beneficial effects on cognition and the production of ketones, you need to take it separately to get it in high enough concentration.

I was mostly irritable, but yes, a little more fatigued too. When it finally lifted, my energy was so much better than before though.

I hope it doesn't take a month this time around. :(

San Diego

Work changed to less stress, 3 abx one being bicillin which i think has made a difference, cycloferon and ldn guessing increasing nk function. Cant say arvs helped as stopped them. Very noticeable after cycloferon.

But have been training quite hard and recovering well. Guessing 90% currently. My guess/theory is its lyme with low nk function, probably adrenal fatigue from work. I guess ive just lined up all my ducks in a row. See how long i sustain it for. Still plugging in rest days here and there too.
This is fabulous news! Seems we don’t hear a lot about cycloferon.

Needless to say, it’s going on my list.

Remy

Administrator
It's all about the C8 if you want help with ketosis though and neither coconut oil nor MCT oil will provide that in sufficient amounts. If you just want a healthy fat, sure, have at it. But if you want a ketosis bump, the only thing out there is Brain Octane oil right now. Hopefully that will change in the future because more options usually means lower prices.
I found a few more options for C8 oil...

There’s MiCkey T™ Eight™ Pure C-8 Caprylic Acid, and KetoMCT Oil.

Unfortunately, they are all priced about the same as the Brain Octane oil.

I really think these are useful for our population because we don't seem to break down sugar all that well. C8 oil goes straight to the liver and then to the mitochondria and doesn't require a lengthy break down process. It's been estimated that you can get something like 30% more ATP from one molecule of ketones than glucose, especially in low oxygen states. It's certainly been true for me.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources