Resource icon

The Epigenetics Revolution

kevin Feldman

Has anyone found utility in accessing their genome.? I took raw data ( from www.23andme.com) and uploaded to program Livewello.com and ran some variance and snp reports. I don't really know how to use or interpret the information. This is the template report of my ME/CFS genes ( someone else's template)
Anybody have some deep genomic intelligence? please comment

Attachments

• cfs_Livewello_Gene_Variance_report.pdf
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,173

Tina

I am going to jump in here. I have done 23andme. I have tested positive for the APOE 4 gene which is generally discussed with Alzheimers and also the MRHFR gene. Here I will only discuss the APOE 4 gene.

I have been wondering if the APOE 4 may be related to the CFS? All of what I am to write here is MY UNDERSTADING. If someone else has other information I would love to hear it. Either confirming or refuting this.

The angle I have been looking at is that it could be that having APOE 4 increases microglia inflammation:
Human APOE4 increases microglia reactivity at Aβ plaques in a mouse model of Aβ deposition
http://www.jneuroinflammation.com/content/11/1/111

I have even found a study that explains how estrogen plays a role with APOE 4. This could explain why several illnesses affect women more than men.
http://neurology.duke.edu/research/...carol-colton-phd/colton-lab-estrogen-and-apoe

Although clearly important, gender differences in immunity and neurodegeneration have largely been ignored. Compared to affected men, women with AD (Alzheimers) have slight but significant increases in global neuropathology and worsened dementia ratings. Interestingly, the gender differences can be stratified by APOE genotype. Women who express an APOE4 gene have lower hippocampal volumes, more senile plaque pathology, and worsened cognitive scores than do their counterparts who do not express APOE4.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources