Poll The Pimple/ME/Sibo poll.

Do you have more pimples than the average person of your age does? And do you have SIBO?

• Yes and I have SIBO.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Yes and I don't have SIBO.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes and I havn't been tested for SIBO.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No and I have SIBO.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No and I don't have SIBO.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No and I havn't been tested for SIBO.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Folk

When a teenager I used to have the average amount of pimples a teenager normally has (not hardcore Acne, but enough to be a pain in the ass).
I'm 25 now and I see my friends that used to be covered in pimples all over when we were teenagers now have nothing. Needless to say I still have, and now certainly more than the average 25 year old guy would (even though it might be less then my teen years).

I also noticed that my acne worsened when my GI troubles got worse. (that was also when all my symtptoms got worse)
I have sibo strongly positive now and I imagine there is a link. We've always been thought since young age that this and that cause pimples etc etc.

So that's the question: Do you have more pimples than the average person of your age does? And do you have SIBO?

Last edited:

Lissa

Folk- I'm 47 and had noticed my chin was always breaking out. Not acne pimples, just small red irritated spots, almost like ingrown hairs or something. Same few spots breaking out over and over, always on my chin. Usually just two or three at a time. What is THAT at my age?! Makes no sense.

Well get this... I've resorted to the Elemental Diet to treat an obnoxious case of SIBO that keeps coming back. I'm just at the 2 week mark with 4 days to go. And go figure-- my chin is almost completely healed for the first time in what seems like years.

Is it the SIBO? Is it the food I'm NOT eating while on this Yuk Shake diet?! Great idea for a poll - thanks for posting!

Folk

Folk- I'm 47 and had noticed my chin was always breaking out. Not acne pimples, just small red irritated spots, almost like ingrown hairs or something. Same few spots breaking out over and over, always on my chin. Usually just two or three at a time. What is THAT at my age?! Makes no sense.

Well get this... I've resorted to the Elemental Diet to treat an obnoxious case of SIBO that keeps coming back. I'm just at the 2 week mark with 4 days to go. And go figure-- my chin is almost completely healed for the first time in what seems like years.

Is it the SIBO? Is it the food I'm NOT eating while on this Yuk Shake diet?! Great idea for a poll - thanks for posting!
I believe it might be both @Lissa!
I'll begin Rifaximin as soons as it gets here (I'm from Brazil, so I got to ship it to USA and then have a friend of mine sending it to me).
If it works for me on treating my SIBO, then let's see what'll happen!

Lissa

I believe it might be both @Lissa!
I'll begin Rifaximin as soons as it gets here (I'm from Brazil, so I got to ship it to USA and then have a friend of mine sending it to me).
If it works for me on treating my SIBO, then let's see what'll happen!

I'm eager to hear how it goes. Keep posting with updates! And good luck!!

Folk

I will, I just wonder if, even Rifaximin working, wouldn't be necessary to repair leaky gut also...

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources