Poll Thinking of starting a series of small surveys...

Which do you prefer?

• Surveymonkey set of questions or other free service

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Individual polls, one question at a time here on healthrising

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Either is fine

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • I wouldn't be interested in answering questions

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

ShyestofFlies

Would anyone be interested in participating in a series of small (maybe 10 multiple choice) surveys about your experiences with cfs/me and fibro? Is it easier to answer questions one poll at a time and elaborate in the thread, or would you find it easier to answ a set of related questions in survey monkey or google surveys or something?

I was thinking I could post a thread with a link to the survey here and you could come click the link and answer at your leisure. I'm big on doing something for the sake of gathering more information, helping the community, maybe finding trends we could pass on to researchers or do our own informal studies on. The only thing is they would need to be small enough to be taken in one sitting and they would not be saveable to go back and finish later because most free services don't have this feature that I know of.

I could then collect and prettify the data and release it in batches of 10, 20 something participants.

TLDR:
Would you take a survey or answer polls?
Do you prefer questions in sets or individually? (Poll)
How frequently would you be willing to contribute your time to such an activity?

bobby

@ShyestofFlies I'd say keep the surveys as short as possible. Make every short survey about a very specific theme, so that people know if it applies to them or not before they open it. That way more people will be able to participate. Just my two cents. :happy:

Remy

Administrator
Would anyone be interested in participating in a series of small (maybe 10 multiple choice) surveys about your experiences with cfs/me and fibro? Is it easier to answer questions one poll at a time and elaborate in the thread, or would you find it easier to answ a set of related questions in survey monkey or google surveys or something?

I was thinking I could post a thread with a link to the survey here and you could come click the link and answer at your leisure. I'm big on doing something for the sake of gathering more information, helping the community, maybe finding trends we could pass on to researchers or do our own informal studies on. The only thing is they would need to be small enough to be taken in one sitting and they would not be saveable to go back and finish later because most free services don't have this feature that I know of.

I could then collect and prettify the data and release it in batches of 10, 20 something participants.

TLDR:
Would you take a survey or answer polls?
Do you prefer questions in sets or individually? (Poll)
How frequently would you be willing to contribute your time to such an activity?
If I see a poll, I'm usually game to take a look and see if I can help!

IrisRV

I'm game for clear short polls at HR. I rarely do outside polls anymore as they are either too long or too ignorant of the condition to be useful (and can be harmful).

I suggest multiple small, very focused polls. I have no problem doing one poll every day if it's limited to 10-20 questions. Long ones I'm not likely to do at all.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
It would easiest to have the surveys and the comments together here - if the survey mechanism is good enough - of course I'm a bit biased :)

Sounds like a great idea :)

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources