"Thirty Years of Disdain: How How HHS and A Group of Psychiatrists Buried M.E.

"Thirty Years of Disdain: How How HHS and A Group of Psychiatrists Buried M.E.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Thirty Years of Disdain: "Thirty Years of Disdain: How How HHS and A Group of Psychiatrists Buried - Mary Dimmock's magnum opus on the diminishment of ME/CFS

If you want to learn how chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) got dismissed by the research community year after year after year read "Thirty Years of Disdain: How the HHS and A Group of Psychiatrists Buried ME" from Mary Dimmock.

Dimmock knows the health industry - she used to work for a pharmaceutical company. Her son is ill with ME/CFS.

Read more about this resource...

Kobold

"Every morning, no matter how much he slept, he would wake feeling like he
hadn’t slept in three days after having run a marathon while extremely hungover and severely sick with the flu."

I described my ME verbatim like this during the first years of my illness. I try to explain to healthy people that the feeling is like an "inflammation in the brain" or "wasp nest in the brain". But they usually don't understand . Hungover, sleep deprivation or flu is much easier to imagine for them.

This is the instance when I see that someone has almost the same symptoms like me. (I have never had light or sound sensitivity.)

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources