This one made me go UGH

Not dead yet!

This is one of those "the oddities of medical care" messages. A thing that made me go "hmm"

So here I am, awake, middle of the night and thinking, wow, it's been months and I still haven't found an IV clinic nearby. Maybe I should find one, maybe I should google it again, or calculate the cost of going to AZ or OR, or Sweden for that matter. Some searching turns up just one IV clinic listng on one of the "Naturopath listing" sites which looks good until I go to the website and check out the blog:

http://knoxwellnessexperience.com/blog/

OK I know this is not the only place that does this sort of cosmetic thing. I know they need to keep in business, and I know that beauty treatments are less risky and more lucrative. But I'm reading that and thinking. Seriously, how about if I can just function for longer than 2 hours each day? Then we can talk about whitening teeth and plumping lips.

Actually part of me is tempted to do all that stuff and become the most beautiful sleeping person ever. Sleeping beauty as it were.

I bet they sell the VItamin C IV as anti-aging. LOL The amusing thing is, it's true. Yeah gimme some of that anti aging Vitamin C. Yah that's it.

Amusingly, the NC naturopaths haven't even figured that out yet. The place is 5+ hours from me in Knoxville TN. I guess we Raleigh people will just have to suffer aging until someone figures it out. :kiss:

Edie

This is one of those "the oddities of medical care" messages. A thing that made me go "hmm"

So here I am, awake, middle of the night and thinking, wow, it's been months and I still haven't found an IV clinic nearby. Maybe I should find one, maybe I should google it again, or calculate the cost of going to AZ or OR, or Sweden for that matter. Some searching turns up just one IV clinic listng on one of the "Naturopath listing" sites which looks good until I go to the website and check out the blog:

http://knoxwellnessexperience.com/blog/

OK I know this is not the only place that does this sort of cosmetic thing. I know they need to keep in business, and I know that beauty treatments are less risky and more lucrative. But I'm reading that and thinking. Seriously, how about if I can just function for longer than 2 hours each day? Then we can talk about whitening teeth and plumping lips.

Actually part of me is tempted to do all that stuff and become the most beautiful sleeping person ever. Sleeping beauty as it were.

I bet they sell the VItamin C IV as anti-aging. LOL The amusing thing is, it's true. Yeah gimme some of that anti aging Vitamin C. Yah that's it.

Amusingly, the NC naturopaths haven't even figured that out yet. The place is 5+ hours from me in Knoxville TN. I guess we Raleigh people will just have to suffer aging until someone figures it out. :kiss:
Don't be misguided by these people. One is an MD, another has a bachelor of Science and there's a bunch of RN's. They may call themselves Naturopaths, but they are in the lucrative business of lining their pockets. True Naturopath Drs. or Drs. of Natural Medicine are Physicians.

Not dead yet!

Don't be misguided by these people. One is an MD, another has a bachelor of Science and there's a bunch of RN's. They may call themselves Naturopaths, but they are in the lucrative business of lining their pockets. True Naturopath Drs. or Drs. of Natural Medicine are Physicians.

The modern climate of fear uncertainty and doubt causes a lot of charlatanism. Examples abound. People being told that they have a fatty liver but you can't do anything about it. But there have been published studies about exactly how to track liver fibrosis and what therapies help it to my knowledge since at least 2009. And the therapies used remind me of old fashioned "dietetic" home nursing care, so somebody back then had put two and two together about something. Yet here we are saying "ohhhh that's out-dated... baaaaddd." So we never bother to find out what their theory was, so we never learn anything.

The ones lining their pockets I think are the megacorps. Not the little guys just keeping their LLC's afloat and making maybe 60k - 120k profit a year. If you just look at the money being made, the ones making the most of it aren't the Mercolas of the world, or even smaller operators like the guy who sells O24. He could never possibly make the billions a year that Astra-Zeneca does. So if profits are a pointer to guilt, then we're doubting the wrong people.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources