This Week in Virology Features Lipkin/Hornig Study

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Vincent Raccanielo and his group have been doing this show for a long time. He started on ME/CFS with XMRV. He always takes a quite objective approach. The group.

The next step the group said is to look in people with chronic illnesses in order to have a diagnostic marker - to see if it's unique to ME/CFS. Another person - misunderstanding that ME/CFS experts provided the subjects - suggested that the patient were self-diagnosed - but did bring up the important that ME/CFS is very heterogenous. Thankfully Vincent steps in to state the group had been seen by ME/CFS experts for years.

Then he suggests that there because there are wide variety of symptoms associated with this disease - it was an amorphous group. In fact, the patients in this study were required to meet the Canadian Consensus Criteria - yes, a symptomatic definition, by a quite specific one, that requires post-exertional malaise (not just fatigue) be a key factor.

its a pretty rousing discussion and we learn that Vincent's son may have ME/CFS..

http://www.twiv.tv/2015/03/22/twiv-329/

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources