Thymosin Alpha one

Bevanne

Has anyone tried Alpha Thymosin 1 and did they have a favorable outcome? It did help my loved one diagnosed with ME/CFS - CFIDS. Also, POTS and MCAS. It appearas it was recently banned by FDA. i want to start a petition.

DIANAMC

My daughter
Has anyone tried Alpha Thymosin 1 and did they have a favorable outcome? It did help my loved one diagnosed with ME/CFS - CFIDS. Also, POTS and MCAS. It appearas it was recently banned by FDA. i want to start a petition.
my daughter took her first dose injection and she did not respond well .. in fact it exacerbated her symptoms… it did not go well for her… very frustrated and discouraged… back at square 1..she also has same diagnosis… we were thinking there might be issues with her thymus gland which no one has thought to check … she has a lot of symptoms that correlates to issues with the thymus…

Aidan Walsh

My daughter

my daughter took her first dose injection and she did not respond well .. in fact it exacerbated her symptoms… it did not go well for her… very frustrated and discouraged… back at square 1..she also has same diagnosis… we were thinking there might be issues with her thymus gland which no one has thought to check … she has a lot of symptoms that correlates to issues with the thymus…
I am not sure what age this starts in but has anyone tested her for MG Myasthenia Gravis? It can be involved in the thymus.

A friend of mine was told for years he had Fibro he also tested positive for MG & his thymus was removed a cancerous tumor was found.

Rare do they test for this he also had a small tumor on his kidney removed

TAllen

I used Proboost, which is Thymic Protein A and did have success with it. It's not an instant cure, or at least it wasn't in my case but it helped a lot until I found that my issues were thiamine/riboflavin/amino acid related. I'm not sure of the difference between the two.

Aidan Walsh

I used Proboost, which is Thymic Protein A and did have success with it. It's not an instant cure, or at least it wasn't in my case but it helped a lot until I found that my issues were thiamine/riboflavin/amino acid related. I'm not sure of the difference between the two.

Hi TAllen, what tests did you do on the thiamine/amino acid/riboflavin? The brand you bought on Proboost is this the one with 17 Trillion cultures? Was it a lab that did your test levels??

Last edited:

TAllen

TAllen:, what tests did you do on the thiamine/amino acid/riboflavin? Was it a lab?
I didn't do tests. You can do the labs but it's cheaper to just do a trial with the supplements. You should know within a week if it's going to help. I found the info here : https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...gia-mecfs-found-early-reports-spark-interest/ My diet is/was OK but it could be a genetic/methylation issue of some sort. I took 150 mg of each 2 x day, and on day 3 my severe fatigue was gone. I decrease down to 100-200mg periodically and am ok for several days and then started feeling more tired again. The amino acids did the same thing for my PEM: https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...-pem-chronic-fatigue-fibromyalgia-long-covid/
  • Branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) (5 grams) – This study found that BCAA reduces lactate levels produced by exercise (and this study found that by inhibiting the L-system transporter, BCAA suppressed the uptake of tryptophan, thereby alleviating fatigue).
Could be due to a decrease in digestive enzymes do to age or other genetic factors but I started taking an "Essential Amino Acid Complex" and my PEM was better within days as well. It doesn't work for everyone (genetics likely) but I hope it works for you!

Aidan Walsh

I didn't do tests. You can do the labs but it's cheaper to just do a trial with the supplements. You should know within a week if it's going to help. I found the info here : https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...gia-mecfs-found-early-reports-spark-interest/ My diet is/was OK but it could be a genetic/methylation issue of some sort. I took 150 mg of each 2 x day, and on day 3 my severe fatigue was gone. I decrease down to 100-200mg periodically and am ok for several days and then started feeling more tired again. The amino acids did the same thing for my PEM: https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...-pem-chronic-fatigue-fibromyalgia-long-covid/
  • Branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) (5 grams) – This study found that BCAA reduces lactate levels produced by exercise (and this study found that by inhibiting the L-system transporter, BCAA suppressed the uptake of tryptophan, thereby alleviating fatigue).
Could be due to a decrease in digestive enzymes do to age or other genetic factors but I started taking an "Essenti
I wanted to thank you for the info on CSF leaks. I went from ME/CCFS to MCAS (getting better) to cranial CSF now. Your previous posts helped a lot. Thanks!
most welcome glad it helped you
al Amino Acid Complex" and my PEM was better within days as well. It doesn't work
for everyone (genetics likely) but I hope it works for you!

Smudhie

It is still available to buy online, I think it was only banned during shortages due to covid. I wanted to take this myself but a bit put off by the protocol of injections so I have just got an oral product called Thymogen Alpha-1 that is a combination of 2 peptides Alpha Thymosin 1 and Vilon. Haven't started yet.

GrammaLinda

So much info to sort through and finding the correct combinations for me through trial and error - is it any wonder that patients and patience sound alike.

Aidan Walsh

Hi TAllen, what tests did you do on the thiamine/amino acid/riboflavin? The brand you bought on Proboost is this the one with 17 Trillion cultures? Was it a lab that did your test levels??
TAllen, I was thinking about the thiamine I heard it could be related to is it non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. I have a friend his thiamine was so low he was drinking too much alcohol they put him on some.

Oxford University found something from the results of the AI work done a post recently on Cort Johnson page its an elevated Liver issue they can tell if mild moderate or severe by the levels it was funded by the ME Association.

The NIH found also some protein from a family with a genetic illness, a Woman wrote to them & they tested her, she was elevated they want do now a clinical trial with a medicine used in another illness her illness was called something, -----? Familial?

She was the only one with the severe fatigue the others were well energy wise but all had the genetic illness...You mentioned TAllen Lactate Acid has anyone tested you for the C-Lactate Acid test? It is treatable with antibiotics to remissions some used also baking soda

Last edited:

Aidan Walsh

How well are you now TAllen?

TAllen

Standard testing from lab. Proboost comes in 4mcg packets. I need more thiamine genetically evidently. Tested through Genomic Insight showed I have several genes that predispose me to CFS as well. I checked my results again after Cort's latest post on serotonin/tryptophan and I suspect my serotonin is low and genetically I don't breakdown tryptophan properly which causes a lot of problems. It's hard to say about liver issues because supposedly standard liver tests don't show most issues.

Last edited:

Aidan Walsh

Standard testing from lab. Proboost comes in 4mcg packets. I need more thiamine genetically evidently. Tested through Genomic Insight showed I have several genes that predispose me to CFS as well. I checked my results again after Cort's latest post on serotonin/tryptophan and I suspect my serotonin is low and genetically I don't breakdown tryptophan properly which causes a lot of problems. It's hard to say about liver issues because supposedly standard liver tests don't show most issues.
ok thanks, I am now looking into my left enlarged kidney for compression above the left one it may also explain any abnormal tests like blood levels etc.hopefully this opens up below NUTCRACKER SYNDROME she was dismissed by many.

She developed stenosis after Surgery 7 monts later, she also tested for the gold standard TB both she was Negative to infection one but positive to the Latent TB & treated but did not get well. A Medical student now an MD GP in Cambridgeshire, UK & well. She is on Twitter Dr. Tamara Keith. I think she has EDS her ear lobe seems attached to face???

Attachments

• 4.full-1 (1) (1) (1).pdf
    563.4 KB · Views: 14

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources