today (31st of May) is black dress day

bobby

for ME/CFS awareness, to officially end ME/CFS awareness month. is anyone doing this today?

Quite a few people on Twitter joining in: #BlackDressDay, and Facebook: Black Dress Day community.
[bimg=no-lightbox]https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13312713_10154169780434318_2593035547357383481_n.jpg?oh=2ac6e6618f531e359c7ad2ec7c64b8ad&oe=57DF12CC[/bimg]

Who Me?

So I'm supposed to wear my underwear on the outside, mail my shoes somewhere and now a black dress? Buy one so I can wear it holed up in my house?

Why not have someone laying in bed, unable to move wearing a black dress?

bobby

yeah I wish a bunch of non sick people would do all these crazy things for us :meh: but I still like the fact that something is happening.

Who Me?

The pessimist that I am doesn't see the point. The people who need to see this don't.

Look at the traction the Ice Bucket Challenge got. Now everything IMO is a knock-off that no one takes that seriously.

bobby

that pessimist lives inside me too. but I also think these actions give some people hope, you know? like something is happening. and they might really change a few outsiders point of view. even if it's just your own family and friends who understand you better because of all this visual online presence.

Who Me?

that pessimist lives inside me too. but I also think these actions give some people hope, you know? like something is happening. and they might really change a few outsiders point of view. even if it's just your own family and friends who understand you better because of all this visual online presence.

Oh to be so young and hopeful! Lol. The thing is, no one would see it unless we told them about it. Now if I saw it on the news, vs the local woman bit by a shark, then I'd be happy. maybe lol.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Hopefully every effort engages more people and it all slowly builds. These something to be said for having a bit of fun as well or having fun with it like wearing a black dress with your undies on the outside and one shoe on and eating a chile or whatever it was at the same time - and then doing a selfie of that. ;).. ME/CFS patient Tries to Keep Up or something like that.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources