Turbocharging Tumeric

Resource Turbocharging Tumeric

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Turbocharnging Tumeric - By Niki Gratrix

Tumeric is a spice with anti-inflammatory comp that may have microglial inhibiting properties as well It's anti-inflammatory abilities are clear - the problem is getting tumeric absorbed well enough into the body in the proper way so that it can do it's work.

Niki Gratrix - a nutritionist - writes

I’ve written about the spice turmeric before, but in this article we...

Read more about this resource...

Who Me?

Tumeric has been on my list of things to try. Don't you have to take it with black pepper?

Hope

I've had great success with curcumin to stop gout attacks within 24 hours. At such times, I take it orally as well as rub it on the affected area in an oil, then put a sock on it. Most of the symptoms are gone in 12 hours, all by 24 hours. Previous gout attacks lasted 5-7 days.

Stephen Buhner herbalist says turmeric has more active compounds in it. Curcumin is only one of them.

Who Me?

Stephen Buhner herbalist says turmeric has more active compounds in it. Curcumin is only one of them.

Thanks for pointing this out. Turmeric was on the tip of my tongue but couldn't think if it. Isn't bioperine what they mix with it so it works?

Who Me?

You don't have to but article says it can increase bioavailability by 2000%.

Everything I've read (not the article) says to add black pepper. I had been looking at the one from Doctor's Best. Don't want to start anything new with LDI on the way.

Veet

Tumeric has been on my list of things to try. Don't you have to take it with black pepper?
I’ve written about the spice turmeric before, but in this article we are going to upgrade the recipe, increasing the benefits of regularly consuming this amazing spice even more. By adding some fat, black pepper and heating it up, we can turbocharge its bioavailability to the body, enhancing all those benefits we previously discussed.

Tammy7

A product that I have used on and off to help pain/inflammation is Gaia (brand) Turmeric Supreme pain PM

Edie

Seven

I cook everything w turmeric, I use it basically as my seasoning and coloring.
Sautee mushrooms or any vegetable: Add curcumin, salt, pepper and garlic. Great breakfast w eggs and a toast.
When I do rice I color it with it (yellow rice for carrot and bacon rice, corn rice, any vegetables and rice...)
I add to all meats to season it.
I add to tea to drink.......

Note: In cooking too much will taste very bad. So you can do one half of teaspoon, or start low and increase to taste.
Some ideas of how to use it in your daily live.

Cort

Staff member
:) Niki suggests taking it with black pepper. I think black pepper increases the bioavailability of quite a few foods.

Cort

Staff member
I've had great success with curcumin to stop gout attacks within 24 hours. At such times, I take it orally as well as rub it on the affected area in an oil, then put a sock on it. Most of the symptoms are gone in 12 hours, all by 24 hours. Previous gout attacks lasted 5-7 days.

Just using the spice has worked for you?

Who Me?

Awww I feel like an ass now. I toss veggies from a high chair but I guess that is too much for some. Sorry !!!!!!

Not an ass. Some days I can manage minimal cooking but other days I'm barely able to toss the chicken nuggets in the microwave.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources