TV Station Covers Whitney Dafoe's Agonizing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Story

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Another excellent story on Whitney Dafoe's plight - Ron Davis and Janet Dafoe's son - this time in a well done story on TV.

[fright]
Whitney and Dad.PNG
[/fright]The media stories just come and come. This how you create real change, I think - story by story. It's not one thing or another thing - it's the accumulation of stories over time that shift the conversation from ME/CFS as a nothing disease to a serious disorder.

Somewhere, hopefully, Whitney knows that his suffering is doing some real good. His stunning story of a fall of a young, adventurous man with a bright future to struggling for his life has been featured in several media publications now. Francis Collins appears to be personally perturbed by his situation.

In the video a rather drawn looking Ron Davis says this is the last major disease we know nothing about.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...terious-medical-illness/#.VkQ4xcT3XB4.twitter

From the video

"Whitney used to be an award-winning photographer who traveled the world, He built a convent in India, even worked for the Obama campaign.

But it is shocking to see Whitney today.

He is completely bedridden, unable to speak, and fed thru an IV.

“Whitney’s life is like being in solitary confinement in a prison.” explained Janet.

Last edited:

Edie

Another excellent story on Whitney Dafoe's plight - Ron Davis and Janet Dafoe's son - this time in a well done story on TV.

The media stories just come and come. This how you create real change. I think - story by story. It's not one thing or another thing - it's the accumulation of stories over time that shift the conversation from ME/CFS as a nothing disease to a serious disorder.

Somewhere, hopefully, Whitney knows that his suffering is doing some real good. His stunning story of a fall of a young, adventurous man with a bright future to struggling for his life has been featured in several media publications now. Francis Collins appears to be personally perturbed by his difficult situation.

Ron Davis says this is the last major disease we know nothing about in the video.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...terious-medical-illness/#.VkQ4xcT3XB4.twitter

From the video

"Whitney used to be an award-winning photographer who traveled the world, He built a convent in India, even worked for the Obama campaign.

“Whitney’s life is like being in solitary confinement in a prison.” explained Janet.

[fright]View attachment 770 [/fright]The media stories just come and come. This how you create real change, I think - story by story. It's not one thing or another thing - it's the accumulation of stories over time that shift the conversation from ME/CFS as a nothing disease to a serious disorder.

Somewhere, hopefully, Whitney knows that his suffering is doing some real good. His stunning story of a fall of a young, adventurous man with a bright future to struggling for his life has been featured in several media publications now. Francis Collins appears to be personally perturbed by his situation.

In the video a rather drawn looking Ron Davis says this is the last major disease we know nothing about.

From the video

You can't get much closer to a "living hell" than this! What a courageous and loving family. How can this happen in this day and age when billions of dollars are being spent on health care every day and this horrific illness is still trivialized. It's just mind boggling! Wake up people! You or one of your loved ones could be next!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources