UK Mother Looses Limbs Due to Sepsis

jaminhealth

I heard this on my radio last night and just looked it up. Can't help but think that I went thru 2.5 months of undiagnosed staph infection in my knee when finally doctors sent me for MRI which showed the infection. I did NOT walk for 2.5 months with that raging infection, feared I would not walk again. Scary stuff...very scary. If there could be something going on with you don't disregard infection possibility. All the doctors and I were thinking arthritic issues and it was a raging infection. I'm not a fear monger person but my experience was life changing and thought changing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/mother-loses-limbs-hospital-misdiagnosis-article-1.3870538

Not dead yet!

I heard this on my radio last night and just looked it up. Can't help but think that I went thru 2.5 months of undiagnosed staph infection in my knee when finally doctors sent me for MRI which showed the infection. I did NOT walk for 2.5 months with that raging infection, feared I would not walk again. Scary stuff...very scary. If there could be something going on with you don't disregard infection possibility. All the doctors and I were thinking arthritic issues and it was a raging infection. I'm not a fear monger person but my experience was life changing and thought changing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/mother-loses-limbs-hospital-misdiagnosis-article-1.3870538

Yeah all of a sudden pain or even heat isn't an infection... say the experts. And far too often they're wrong. I'm so sorry for that woman.

When I first took quinolones (I have a tricky time with many drugs and antibiotics are extra tricky), I got that join pain reaction. My doctor said to stop, but I was like, look... I have so few antibiotics anyway, and we suspect I have undiagnosed infections which cause joint pain... how about I let the medicine work first?

As it turns out, that reaction (which didn't immobilize me) went away after the 14-day course, and the next time I had no reactions.

So what am I to make of this? I think what happened is, some germ got killed. New, healthier germs moved in and are now holding the fort. Either way it was collateral damage because what stopped my yearly 4-months of antibiotics was proper thyroid treatment, proper liver care, and eating gluten free. This past year, I only needed one 10 day course of doxycycline to get back on track. Huge improvement over previous years. Not even a quinolone.

jaminhealth

When I was fighting the infection, I was put on FINALLY a 2 month IV course of a power abx...not quinolone, which cause so much damage and are laced with fluoride which I battle anyway. As a rule in my long life, 80 this year, I've done very very few abx drugs.....

But my last mess staph infection, good grief.

Yes, that poor woman.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources