Update on Pridgen Fibromyalgia Antiviral Study

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I asked Dr. Pridgen where they are on the antiviral fibromyalgia trial and study

He reported that they're are testing all the patient's blood samples for HSV-1 - the virus they believe is behind fibromyalgia. They found the virus in most of the gut tissues samples they tested - now they are looking for it in the blood. After that is done they will be submitting the manuscript for publication.

In the meantime they are doing the animal studies the FDA requires to test for safety and making the actual pill that will be used in the study.

Their plan is to find a partner next year and start phase 3 trials a little over a year from now - in early 2017.

They are also attempting to obtain fast track status from the FDA.

JennyJenny

OK, so I finally believe he is onto something. Heard his work before but did not give it too much credence but going into Phase III is saying something and the fact that CDC/NIH just stated that for certain Fibro is a Central Nervous System Disorder tells me they have wind of or inside information on his work and they are putting faith in it.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
OK, so I finally believe he is onto something. Heard his work before but did not give it too much credence but going into Phase III is saying something and the fact that CDC/NIH just stated that for certain Fibro is a Central Nervous System Disorder tells me they have wind of or inside information on his work and they are putting faith in it.
I'd be really surprised if he's not onto something and I love that he's looking into the blood for that virus -that indicates they're really trying to solidify their findings.

:)

B80d

Thank you very much for this update Cort ! I am convinced he Is on the right way...at least for some of us.

Lana

Thanks for this update and for this site! I came across this and was very excited. I hope it works. However, I was wondering if anyone has seen to Dr. Dantini or Dr. Chia in CA. ...I read he will treat fibromyalgia and CFS/ME with antivirals. I need some relief because I just can't wait until Dr. Pridgen finishes. I heard some people have done well on some of the older antivirals or at lease helped a little. I am in Texas so I would fly anywhere, but heard he was very good and Dr. Lerner. However, I would go to Dr. Pridgen if he is accepting patients, but I don't see how can possible see and treat patients when running all these trials. Does anyone know? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,

Lana

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources