Vitamin and Cofactors for the Treatment of Mitochondrial Disease

Resource Vitamin and Cofactors for the Treatment of Mitochondrial Disease

Merida

Merida submitted a new resource:

Vitamin and Cofactors for the Treatment of Mitochondrial Disease - The Spectrum of Mitochondrial Disease by Robert K. Naviaux, MD, PhD

This is an excellent summary article of mitochondrial disorders. Most important, however, is a concise summary of the various vitamins and cofactors to treat these disorders.
1. coenzyme Q10 - electron transport, free radical scavenger
2. B50 Complex
Thiamine - B1
Riboflavin - B2
Niacin - B3
B6
folate
B12
Biotin
Pantothenic acid
3. Vitamin E
4. L - carnitine
The author recommends additional supplements for acquired illness :
1. vitamin C
2. Zinc - picolinate

Read more about this resource...

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Last edited:

Merida

Thanks so much for your help and additions, Cort! I tried a good brand of D-ribose and got extremely tired. Anyone else experience this unexpected result?

Merida

@Veet
Thanks ! Very interesting. I am still in 'the structure and function camp,' but have wondered for years about what is causing the problematic structural issues - like scoliosis and all that can be part of that. So, perhaps it comes down to an issue with the mitochondria??

Not dead yet!

Merida, I think you mentioned blood clotting, or someone did, this is the part of the Dr. Bruce Ames Video that talks about Vitamin K and its function, including what it does to the Calcium balance in the body. This fellow is one to look for if you're seeking a biochemistry explanation of many of these vitamins that are so often suggested for metabolic problems.

Fast forward to 15min:24sec. for some reason the adding of the media tag erased my time stamp.

Bruce Ames on Triage Theory, Longevity Vitamins & Micronutrients

As someone who has blood that's already "too thick" and for no reason they can tell with current diagnostic tools, I found that part very helpful.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources