Wanted: Dr. John Chia's patients' updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danesh, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Danesh

Danesh Member

Does anyone know how Christine McLaughlin is now? She kept blogs in 2012-14 detailing her experience with Dr. John Chia in Torrance, Calif. Or anyone else who has worked with him, I'm interested to know how patients do more long term. Do the modest improvements last, for those 50% who do improve on his treatments for enterovirus infections? Thanks!

2. weyland

weyland Well-Known Member

I'd be curious to hear how she's doing too, her blogs were quite encouraging to me.

I have been a patient of his for around 2.5 years. So far the improvements have lasted, but they are minimal in the big picture of the disease, in terms of PEM and tolerance for exertion.

Danesh likes this.
  3. Danesh

Danesh Member

Thanks, I remember you on the comments. Do you mean PEM and exertion tolerance has been slightly improved, or those are the symptoms that have not really been affected by treatment? What symptoms have improved for you?

4. weyland

weyland Well-Known Member

Yeah, unfortunately the PEM and exertion intolerance remain, though they are a bit less severe and I seem to recover back to baseline from PEM a lot faster. What has improved are gastrointestinal symptoms (IBS type symptoms gone, though gastritis/dyspepsia remains at a low level), fevers are gone, hypoglycemia is gone, frequent urination is gone, dizziness and tinnitus are slightly improved. Overall I just feel less sick. So I'm not cured or in remission, but my quality of life has improved a measurable amount.

It really seems to depend on the patient though. Some of his patients have had improvements in PEM and fatigue etc. and are able to return to life.

Merida and garnet10 like this.
  5. Danesh

Danesh Member

Thank you for answering. Helpful. Glad you do feel somewhat better!