Weird redness/infection on toes?

David Tyrer

Hi all,

Not sure if this is even ME related, but I have random symptoms on a daily basis so who knows! I'm just not sure where else this should go as I don't have a clue what it is.

I've had this redness on my middle toe, on my left foot, for about a week now. It's just above the toenail, on top of my toe. In the evening, it gets itchy, and it's so bad at times I'm have to scratch it on the carpet (which prob isn't helping).

As you can see from the image, the red area is blotchy, looks like it's under the skin.

The red area is also tender, very sensitive and almost numb. Feels really odd. Now it looks as if it's spread to the toe next to it, and there's now a small lump on that toe.

Anybody seen this before? I have an appointment with my GP for tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_20191104_094626.jpg
    IMG_20191104_094626.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20191104_094726.jpg
    IMG_20191104_094726.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 189

cujet

I'm guessing some form of fungus. I've not had any foot trouble in years, but in my case the "over the counter" athletes foot treatments did not work.

Submerging my foot every other day, for an extended period of time in a bleach solution cured the problem.

Apo Sci

>Anybody seen this before? I have an appointment with my GP for tomorrow

I have the same. I think it's indicative of the herpes viral infection(s) triggering inflammation. The areas become cold next due to impaired circulation from the inflammation. Then Raynaud's disease.

Autumn

I have this (on and off). A dermatologist told me a few years ago she thinks it's related to bad circulation and also wondered if I had an autoimmune disorder. It looked a bit like chill blains. Nothing autoimmune came up. I always have cold hands and feet though or at times the burning feeling in my feet. And blood pooling in my legs and feet when standing up for too long or after a shower.
What did your gp say?

Apo Sci

Hi all,

Not sure if this is even ME related, but I have random symptoms on a daily basis so who knows! I'm just not sure where else this should go as I don't have a clue what it is.

I've had this redness on my middle toe, on my left foot, for about a week now. It's just above the toenail, on top of my toe. In the evening, it gets itchy, and it's so bad at times I'm have to scratch it on the carpet (which prob isn't helping).

As you can see from the image, the red area is blotchy, looks like it's under the skin.

The red area is also tender, very sensitive and almost numb. Feels really odd. Now it looks as if it's spread to the toe next to it, and there's now a small lump on that toe.

Anybody seen this before? I have an appointment with my GP for tomorrow

David, how long have you had ME for? When did you develop the toe problem?

David Tyrer

I have this (on and off). A dermatologist told me a few years ago she thinks it's related to bad circulation and also wondered if I had an autoimmune disorder. It looked a bit like chill blains. Nothing autoimmune came up. I always have cold hands and feet though or at times the burning feeling in my feet. And blood pooling in my legs and feet when standing up for too long or after a shower.
What did your gp say?

I've not actually been back to my GP about it yet. It hasn't been giving me as many problems recently but the blotching is there and it does still get itchy and sore too.

I looked up chilblains and that seems like an interesting suggestion.

Apo Sci

I have been suffering now for over 12 months, was diagnosed in October. The toe problem started about 2 months ago now.

In my case, first I developed sore feet and head inflammation. It hurt to wear a snug hat. The toe stuff came later.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources