Werner Erhard Had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
If you don't know of Werner Erhard he started EST - a transformational program - in the 1970's. I did EST - it didn't cure me but it was very helpful in getting me going again after I got sick. It was big, big deal for me. (It's now called Landmark Education).

According to a New York Times article Erhard became debilitated with ME/CFS - EBV infection - in the mid 1990's. Talk about a person filled with aliveness. Erhard was an incredibly vital guy...He could go for days at a time...

In 1996, Mr. Erhard came down with a mysterious debilitating illness. A friend referred him to his doctor in the Cayman Islands, who ultimately diagnosed the Epstein-Barr virus. Mr. Erhard recovered on Grand Cayman, where he and Ms. Spits (a former EST executive) bought a villa in George Town, which remains their home base when they are not traveling.

Who Me?

I remember when Cher got EBV. That was when they thought they were the same. EBV is not CFS.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I remember when Cher got EBV. That was when they thought they were the same. EBV is not CFS.
Well everybody has EBV - WE has had it for decades. I assume that his antibody levels went up suggesting viral reactivation. That's often happens in ME/CFS but most sources don't think many of the EBV antibody levels mean anything.

In other words I think there are lots of kinds of ME/CFS and EBV reactivation is one of them.

Last edited:

Who Me?

The title of this thread said he had CFS. EBV is not CFS, so am I confused? It's entirely possible. lol

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources