What happened to fecal transplants?

Folk

It seemed such a promissing treatment for at least a subset of us.

It had 95% sucess in eradicating C. Dif. completelly. A disease that until that moment would had a high % of death rates.

I remember it was kind of forbiden until more studies were done etc etc. Then it was kind of legalized again. But never seen it on the news or on the spot again. Like it became something that again, has no funds and just a few scientists persist to look into it. Am I Right?

Anyone knows what happened to Fecal transplants in general and in ME patients? I remember lots of recovery stories happening when it first came out.

Not dead yet!

Not sure, except I've noticed a lot of news is entertainment oriented. They even report on disasters as if they were blood sports. Solid data oriented stuff doesn't have many outlets. And there's a yuck factor that isn't to be dismissed. Stuff like that doesnt' generate a lot of advertising eyeballs or clicks.

The good fight continues in the places that matter: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=fecal+transplant (most recently published is a few days ago)

The second most recent is from Japan (thank you again, Japanese for sticking to the facts) and talks about using a colonoscopy to deliver it.

I imagine that might be hard to convince other doctors to do, so a technique I learned years ago while caring for a woman with cancer is to use this: https://www.amazon.com/Cor-Vital-Reusable-Reinforced-Handles-Organic/dp/B00W0DKLMW

Or something like it. But the red tube is the important part. It take some practice, but it's long enough to at least get out of the sigmoid area of the colon. The ordinary thing to deliver there for cancer was black coffee. But there's no reason it couldn't be used for liquified FT materials. I wouldn't try to clean and reuse it though.

For over ten years I had no diagnosis for migraines, and a "high enema" was the only way to stop the pain. Or a cocktail of multiple OTC drugs which I think is worse. It takes some getting used to, but it's not impossible. The difficulty for people with exhaustion issues is to make sure the bathroom is super clean before you do it. Hire someone to bleach it, floor, cabinets, sink, toilet, everything. That red tube has a way of spinning and touching things you weren't expecting. There's probably a bunch of how-to instructions for the "high enema" method.

Two things I found useful is vitamin C in the water, and probiotics in the water. Not sure if those are suggested in many of the instructions. They weren't mentioned a few years ago.

Last edited:

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
It seemed such a promissing treatment for at least a subset of us.

It had 95% sucess in eradicating C. Dif. completelly. A disease that until that moment would had a high % of death rates.

I remember it was kind of forbiden until more studies were done etc etc. Then it was kind of legalized again. But never seen it on the news or on the spot again. Like it became something that again, has no funds and just a few scientists persist to look into it. Am I Right?

Anyone knows what happened to Fecal transplants in general and in ME patients? I remember lots of recovery stories happening when it first came out.
Maureen Hanson is actually - with a Norwegian group - testing them in ME/CFS :) :).

Folk

Maureen Hanson is actually - with a Norwegian group - testing them in ME/CFS :) :).
What happened that Norway became the ME capital? hehe

But glad to know someone is working on it. I can't seem to see how it won't work at least on a short term. The gut is clearly one of the most important problems of this disease and this treatment already showed, both in human and rats incredible potencial.

Not dead yet!

Norway I think is the place where they just completed, and are still evaluating, the results for Rituximab (?) which resets B cells I think. Anyway they're still analyzing results but the initial news wasn't as positive as they hoped. Instead of spending tax dollars threatening countries if they ban GMOs, they're doing research that's needed. Meanwhile we keep dumbing down our kids, and making it hard for them to get student loans, so fewer scientists here. I wish I had the energy to enter the midterm elections. So sick of the nonsense.

Folk

Norway I think is the place where they just completed, and are still evaluating, the results for Rituximab (?) which resets B cells I think. Anyway they're still analyzing results but the initial news wasn't as positive as they hoped. Instead of spending tax dollars threatening countries if they ban GMOs, they're doing research that's needed. Meanwhile we keep dumbing down our kids, and making it hard for them to get student loans, so fewer scientists here. I wish I had the energy to enter the midterm elections. So sick of the nonsense.
Yeah the Rituximab was the reason I said that about Norway. And yes, I've read the results are not that good :\

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources