Whitney Dafoe Enters Hospital

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Such a difficult situation....

From his sister..

[bimg=fright|no-lightbox]https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/12400448_10154690479514625_6264529882939583372_n.jpg?oh=1356c62f31ae089ac96158c6b58ae8fe&oe=57448A64[/bimg]Last week my brother, Whitney, had to go to the hospital for a surgical procedure. He needed to be transported by ambulance with extreme care and was put into a TB isolation room to keep him in as calm and quiet an environment as possible. Bringing him outside was an extremely emotional moment that brought tears to my eyes as he knocked his hat off his head to look up at the blue sky, soaking it all in. It was the first time he had been outside in 3 years.

My sweet, outdoor loving, adventure seeking, beautiful brother had not seen the sky in 3 whole years. As I stood there looking at him, seeing his eyes look up at the sky in awe, tears fell down my cheeks. When will this horrible disease end. When will he look up at the sky and stars with me again. ‪#‎invisibleillness‬ ‪#‎mecfs‬ ‪#‎thisdiseaseisREAL‬ ‪#‎chronicfatiguesyndrome‬

tatt

that look at the sky may have made him worse but I can understand the longing to do something even if you suffer for it.

I feel better when I'm outdoors, though. I've sometimes wondered if I should live in a tent. Instead I make sure I air the house any chance I get.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources