Woah, Francis Collins announced that he is stepping down

Anomie

“I have no idea. I am appointed by the president. I, like every other presidential appointee and Senate-confirmed person am required to submit a letter of resignation by December 7th, I will do that. The letter will say I am resigning effective January 20th. And until that moment it may not be that clear what happens next, my mind is pretty open to that. I’m actually kind of enjoying the ambiguity of not knowing what comes next. I will continue to oversee my research lab at NIH come what may. I run a lab of about 10 people…I have some incredibly gifted postdocs right now who are making major advances in diabetes and aging research. And I will continue to be their mentor and their research advisor as I have done for the past now 23 years since I’ve been at NIH. So at least that part of what happens after January 20th is clear. The rest—it’s really not up to me.”

—Steve Mirsky

[The above text is a transcript of this podcast.]

Horizon

I hope this is not the case because things have been progressing faster than ever, like a snail on caffeine but still for us that's good!

I hope that if there is a replacement they will keep to the promises and work to further advance our goals.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I hope this is not the case because things have been progressing faster than ever, like a snail on caffeine but still for us that's good!

I hope that if there is a replacement they will keep to the promises and work to further advance our goals.
Like a snail on caffeine - oh my god - that is good. ;). You may see that in blog if you don't mind.

I don't think we can count on anyone keeping Collins promises to us...I would be shocked.

Horizon

Like a snail on caffeine - oh my god - that is good. ;). You may see that in blog if you don't mind.

I don't think we can count on anyone keeping Collins promises to us...I would be shocked.

haha go for it :)

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources