Zoplicone / Eszopiclone (Lunesta)

Edie

I've been on Zopiclone and amitriptyline every night for 18 years. They take about 2 hours to take effect and if I don't have anything to eat at least 2 to 3 hours before that, I get 7 to 8 hours of deep quality sleep. I'm not concerned about addiction as I'll probably be on them indefinitely. It sure beats waking up to hazy days in limbo! Zopiclone is available in Canada. I need a higher dose of amitriptyline than most people, so the dose can be adjusted to suit your needs.

Paw

I use Lunesta fairly regularly (4-5 nights per week). It doesn't leave me feeling druggy/depersonalized the next day, as Ambien does when taken more than a couple nights in a row.

There may be some tolerance, but I stick with the original dose (3mg) and it provides a decent sleep. Still some early wake-ups, but I can get back to sleep much easier than when not taking it.

Overall it's pretty mild. I like it a lot better than Benadryl, which the docs like to recommend. Benadryl started making me feel sickly and jittery the next day. As I recall, it activates glutamate, which can be counter-productive.

Ja21ne

Started on zopiclone recently. I try to use it once every three nights and take nytol antihistamine for the other two nights. It is magic. I fall asleep, stay asleep and wake refreshed.
It also seems to help improve my quality of sleep on the nights when I take nytol. Maybe it is helping me fear sleep less after eleven years of poor sleep. I am able to do so much more now I can get some good quality sleep and I wish I had found zopiclone earlier.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources