Zuckerberg Initiative Will Benefit ME/CFS and Other Diseases

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
[bimg=fright|no-lightbox]http://blogs-images.forbes.com/kathleenchaykowski/files/2016/09/960x0.jpg[/bimg]If more of this keeps up I may be ready to give up my grudge against the .1% that own so much of the countries wealth. With the Gates, Warren Buffet and the Zuckerberg's targeting causes with huge amoutns of money.

Mark Zuckerberg is going to give away 99% of his Facebook shares worth about 45 billion (yes, billion dollars) by the time he's done. (He'll still have $10 billion to play around with).

Now he's pledging $3 billion to build the tools and technology needed to produce the next revolution in our understanding of disease. Hey, technology is what is going to solve ME/CFS - the more technology the better. I wish him luck and hope others will follow.

(Wouldn't it be great if he could spare $10 or $20 million for Ron Davis?)

The $3 billion effort will be led by Dr. Cori Bargmann, the researcher and neuroscientist who led President Obama’s “BRAIN Initiative.” Zuckerberg, who joined Chan on stage, said the donation would be dedicated to three main goals: bringing scientists and engineers together, building tools and technology and fueling a movement to encourage more private and public funding of science research around the world. Zuckerberg said tools built by the initiative could enable advancements, for example, in bloodstream monitoring to detect disease and artificial intelligence software to understand the brain.

“If we can develop new tools, we can empower scientists all around the world to make much faster progress and breakthroughs,” Zuckerberg said, emphasizing that the initiative will look for ways to apply engineering to social change. “It is going to take years before the first tools get built and years before they start curing diseases.”

When the couple first began exploring their research donation, they initially thought a goal of curing, preventing or managing all diseases by the end of the century was “really aggressive,” Zuckerberg said. However, conversations with dozens of Nobel Laureates, researchers and engineers solidified the couple’s belief that their dream is feasible, Zuckerberg said.

“We need to be patient,” Zuckerberg continued. “We can make a better world for our children and for generations to come.”

fdotx

I saw this Cort and have wondered if we could get info to him re CFIDS and the lack of funding. I read he gave 200 million to the NY school system and in the end there was nothing to show for it. Think what CFIDS researchers could have done with that?

Cort

Staff member
I saw this Cort and have wondered if we could get info to him re CFIDS and the lack of funding. I read he gave 200 million to the NY school system and in the end there was nothing to show for it. Think what CFIDS researchers could have done with that?
I know...I wonder if it comes down to if he personally knows someone with the disease...

Justin

Wouldnt it be great if some of those funds got directed to us...i wonder if reaching out to him personally would help our cause

Cort

Staff member
Wouldnt it be great if some of those funds got directed to us...i wonder if reaching out to him personally would help our cause
He could do so much for us with relatively little money...

Justin

He could do so much for us with relatively little money...

I totally agree but how can we campain to him to be a champion for our cause?

How can we reach him and share the suffering and neglect to him to see it for what ME really is?

We need help as a community despretly. We are such a large group by statistics but cannot seem to rally or gather enough support as so few seem to be on forums, etc.

I believe we need help from from a company to assist in mobalizing and unitting the community, groups and advocates to get the message out.

ME is had the lowest QOL Score on the planet afflicting more than MS and does not kill you for decades while you suffer inside or in bed.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources