- Source of the Story
- Provided to Health Rising
- Resource Type
- Patient Story
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Disease Course Over Time
In 1987 Kate, a very active and fit high school teacher gets a flu that really, really doesn't end; she experiences fever, chills, muscle and joint pain and fatigue, extreme sweating, tremor, memory problems, poor sleep, hair loss, swollen glands, increase urinary frequency, dizziness, night sweats. Twenty-five years later she is still ill.
Dr. Lerner finds an HHV-6 infection and prescribes Valcyte 1350 mg daily. She is to do no exercise.
She is now rates herself at a 9 our of 10 in health, teaches college, hosts large dinners, leads youth groups, exercises regularly, etc.
- Type of Onset
- acute flu-like
- Approximate Date of Illness Began
- >20 years
- Fever, chills, muscle and joint pain and fatigue, extreme sweating, tremor, memory problems, poor sleep, hair loss, swollen glands, increase urinary frequency, dizziness, night sweats.
- Antiviral or Immune Modulators That Made a Difference for You
- Positive Test Results
- Present State of Health
- Fully recovered - no restrictions at all
- Words of Advice
DON'T give up finding a doctor who will listen and work with you.
NO-you are not depressed. However you have every right to be.
NO-it is not your hormones because you are a woman. It is not in your head. (Well it is, but in your all body too.)
NO-exercise will not help. Actually it hurts because the virus multiplies with heat.
My prayer now is for a young doctor who will want to continue Dr. Lerner's work.
When I was 35 yr. old, I felt like I was 60. Now that I am in my 60's, I feel like I am in my 30's. I lost 25 years of my life to this illness. I hope this story will tell others the success I am having and that they can find a hope.
- Check out Dr. Lerner's Diagnostic Protocol here and his entire Treatment Protocol here.
- Additional Information