Excellent Chair for Shopping / Travelling for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Fibromyalgia Patients

Excellent Chair for Shopping / Travelling for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Fibromyalgia Patients

Ever feel the need to sit down while shopping or traveling or standing in line somewhere?

The "Drive Medical Folding Lightweight Cane with Sling Style Seat" might just make your life a whole lot easier. It has for a friend of mine with ME/CFS/POTS who takes it anywhere she might need to take a sit break.

Folding-Cane-Chair.jpg
With it's hollow aluminum frame, this little folding chair weight clocks in at just 2.5 lbs. It can be used as a seat or a cane or as two-handed way to steady yourself when you're standing. It holds up to 250 lbs.

From the Amazon Reviews:

As a seat or cane, this has given me a way to go out places. I call it a Godsend.
I cannot get along without this chair cane. At this point I don't know how I survived airports before I had it. I'm on my third now. I use it all the time and they last about 3 years

Warning - it sparks interest. I've seen a woman plop the chair down in a line at Costco and with minutes have people coming over to ask her about it.

One note - the Amazon ad shows someone sitting on it side-saddle and the manufacturer warns against sitting on it straight on but the person I know uses it only that way and it's much more comfortable that way.

Sling-style Seat - At only $24.95 at Amazon.com it's surprisingly cheap. Check it out at Amazon.com here.

Drive Medical Deluxe Folding Cane Seat - Drive Medical also produces a three-legged folding chair that's a bit lighter. My friend likes the two legged chair better since she doesn't have to straddle it, but some might prefer this one. Just $25. Check out the three-legged chair here.

(Buying chairs using these links from Amazon benefits Health Rising)
Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Cort

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY