1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

The Pridgen Protocol: A Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Resource Center

Herpes simplex virus protocol threatens to upend understanding and treatment of Fibromyalgia

1. Cort
    Dr. Skip Pridgen, a surgeon in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, believes that a herpes simplex virus - 1 (HSV-1) infection that affects the nerves across the body is causing fibromyalgia (FM) and chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).

Pridgen_Skip.jpg
    Pridgen created a novel treatment protocol that targeting HSV-1 using an antiviral (Famvir), a anti-inflammatory (Celebrex) and, at times, an antidepressant. He mustered the finances for a successful Phase II trial and has the go-ahead from the FDA for a phase III trial once the finances are secured. That trial will hopefully begin in 2018.

Check out the fascinating story of a Tuscaloosa surgeon who's trying to upend our understanding of fibromyalgia and ultimately chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS)

Blogs
    Studies

Pridgen's Startup