23andme TRPM3 SNPs for CFS - Griffiths Research

Remy

Administrator
Hmmmm I had looked at this a while back, but didn't know what to make of it. I have variations of all of them listed. (These are in the same order as the chart. I didn't include the actual snp's / rs#'s.)

The only full "match" was the TRPC4 - GG. So what does that mean I wonder? Greek to me....
I was presuming the indicators would be genes that exactly matched what was listed above?

View attachment 2508
I'm confused! Do you think you could rephrase your question? Like you say, it appears you have one wild type, one heterozygous mutation, and three homozygous mutations.

Lissa

I guess I'm confused with what is important here... the fact that I have the genes (no matter if there are mutations or not), or if it is the particular mutations that matter.

When I first read the original chart, I interpreted it to mean that ME/CFS was indicated by matching the genes AND the particular mutations/wild types exactly as listed.

Using that methodology --- only 1 of mine matches the chart exactly. The rest are "there", but not a match by hetero/homo/wild.

Which then leads to genetics 101--- which I struggled with in college, long long ago! Are these "ME/CFS" genes found in everyone--- like the coding for eye color? Or are these genes being singled out as something unusual that is unique to ME/CFS? So someone healthy totally doesn't have these at all?

Hope I'm making sense. I can barely follow my own wonderings! Ha!

Issie

Here is a write up from @Cort on this. I'm also pasting an observation of mine I posted in answer to if snps can be found on 23&me - I listed this thread. Thanks @Remy for the info on that!

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...sies-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/#comment-744932

Yes, 23&me has some snps to identify. Some of us have them.

I reread your blog @Cort, and noticed they first had to deplete the calcium and then work on upping the TRPM4 receptors. That would fit with what works for me. GastroCrom and Tramadol are both mild calcium channel blockers (this keeps calcium from going into the cells properly and causes a vasodilation affect) – I use those at night. Then in the a.m. use Pregnenolone which can up this action of TRPM3. This seems like this is a fine balancing act and may be something to do with receptors or autoimmune dysfunction. If we could tweak and create an epigenetic response to over ride these mutations (which is probably what I’m doing) things get better. In addition to working on MTHFR mutations and upping acetylcholine, I’m much improved. Also thinning my blood with herbs (due to APS) is helping alot

Remy

Administrator
Are these "ME/CFS" genes found in everyone--- like the coding for eye color? Or are these genes being singled out as something unusual that is unique to ME/CFS? So someone healthy totally doesn't have these at all?
I think everyone has these TRPM3 genes...that's why they are included on the 23andme chip. But the mutations, or SNPs, seem to be unique to ME/CFS.

Remy

Administrator
Hmmmm I had looked at this a while back, but didn't know what to make of it. I have variations of all of them listed. (These are in the same order as the chart. I didn't include the actual snp's / rs#'s.)

The only full "match" was the TRPC4 - GG. So what does that mean I wonder? Greek to me....
I was presuming the indicators would be genes that exactly matched what was listed above?

View attachment 2508
The way I read your results, you have three homozygous mutations, one heterozygous, and one "normal" as indicated by their red, yellow and green colors. Hope that helps!

Farmgirl

Holy crap, I have almost all of these (for once!).

rs4738202 A/G, A risk allele
rs655207 G/T, G risk allele
rs1160742, G/G, G risk allele
rs1328153 A/G, G risk allele
rs3763619, G/G, G risk allele

Where is that menstrual cramp medicine they talk about, Ponstan? Can we buy that in the US?
@Remy Wanted to "like" those last two posts on SNPS above, but there is nothing to "like" about them.

Sorry about your SNPS.FG

Farmgirl

Here is a write up from @Cort on this. I'm also pasting an observation of mine I posted in answer to if snps can be found on 23&me - I listed this thread. Thanks @Remy for the info on that!

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...sies-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/#comment-744932

Yes, 23&me has some snps to identify. Some of us have them.

I reread your blog @Cort, and noticed they first had to deplete the calcium and then work on upping the TRPM4 receptors. That would fit with what works for me. GastroCrom and Tramadol are both mild calcium channel blockers (this keeps calcium from going into the cells properly and causes a vasodilation affect) – I use those at night. Then in the a.m. use Pregnenolone which can up this action of TRPM3. This seems like this is a fine balancing act and may be something to do with receptors or autoimmune dysfunction. If we could tweak and create an epigenetic response to over ride these mutations (which is probably what I’m doing) things get better. In addition to working on MTHFR mutations and upping acetylcholine, I’m much improved. Also thinning my blood with herbs (due to APS) is helping alot

@Issie. Can you please explain what APS is? I have had clotting issues for 25 years but they have gotten a lot worse...so if I do not stay on aspirin and vitamin E, i Will get clots in my legs that are superficial, never deep, so far. Thanks! FG

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources