A "Forgotten Plague" Film Survey

The Forgotten Plague Poll

• I have a good idea what the Forgotten Plague Film is

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I don't have a good idea of what the Forgotten Plague Film is

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I know the creator of the film Ron Priori's general story

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I know Whitney Davis is featured prominently in the film.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • I know the Forgotten Plague team traveled across the country visiting patients and doctors

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • I know the director of the film has received an Emmy

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I know that it's possible to host a screening in my hometown

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • I would be interested in hosting a screening but don't know how

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I know the Forgotten Plague is available for purchase on Amazon

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I would like to see the film

• I have seen the film

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • I would like to help get the film out there

• Total voters

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
[bimg=fright|no-lightbox]http://i0.wp.com/www.forgottenplague.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Pre-order-FP-Product-Image2.png?w=450[/bimg]

The Forgotten Plague sounds like a great film and films, of course, have the potential to make a big impact.

I'm wondering, though, if the film is really getting out there. It has been covered by some big media outlets such as the Huffington Post and USA Today and just got another spread in a local newspaper - that's great outreach.

On the one hand I received one phone call (not returned unfortunately - my bad) about it since it's been released and I must confess that I know very little about it. I know Ryan has a compelling story. I know Whitney Davis and Dr. Pridgen are in it and I know it had a screening in Silicon Valley.

I didn't know that it was available on Amazon or available for pre-order on the Forgotten Plague website.
  • Is the film getting out there?
  • Have you seen it?
  • Would you like to see it?
  • Is there any way we can facilitate more people seeing it?
We don't want The Forgotten Plague to be the Forgotten Film. The more people that see it, obviously the better for all of us...

Any ideas?

Last edited:

GG

MA CFIDS and Fibro had a screening last fall, I think, the finished copy was not done yet, so it might have changed a little from what I saw. I have not heard much about this, I did contact a few movie theaters to try see if they would show it, they did not get back to me.

Did it win an Emmy? Seems like news to me :)

I did the survey, looks like the questions have changed from what the is displayed before voting. Pretty sure that Ryan Prior still suffers with our illness, one sentence made it sound like he is much better now. Not so sure of that!

GG

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
MA CFIDS and Fibro had a screening last fall, I think, the finished copy was not done yet, so it might have changed a little from what I saw. I have not heard much about this, I did contact a few movie theaters to try see if they would show it, they did not get back to me.

Did it win an Emmy? Seems like news to me :)

I did the survey, looks like the questions have changed from what the is displayed before voting. Pretty sure that Ryan Prior still suffers with our illness, one sentence made it sound like he is much better now. Not so sure of that!

GG
Actually the director won an Emmy for another effort.

Who Me?

I saw the film when it was online for a weekend but the odds of me every getting to a screening are nil. I do think the movie needs to be seen, but by more than just our community, and not only those healthy enough to get out.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources