acute infection causing ME relapse

Vansails

New user please have patience !

I recently had pneumonia which i suspect i got after ankle surgery. Im in and out of hospitals a lot and exposed to infection.

I was unwell for about a month before pneumonia and am two weeks in recovery since diagnosis. One week post antibiotic therapy with doxy and an almost cleared up x ray.

Major relapse happened after penumonia. I went from mild (october) to moderate (november) to severe (december). October was the first time in 4 years i considered my illness mild. So its devastating mentally to be bedridden and barely able to use a computer again.

My question is who else gets a major relapse after an (unrelated to ME) infection? How long does it last? Anyone have theories why this happens (please keep it fairly simple)?

Even a mild cold causes a month long relapse for me. The worse the infection, the worse the relapse. When i had a kidney infection years ago, i was very ill for a month after leaving hospital with the all clear.

I need reassurances this isnt going to be permanent! of course knowing the future isnt possible but im scared.

Also probs not related but i had myccoplasma pneumonia igm positive from 2013 to 2018. Did antivirals for two years to get rid of it. My last test was inconclusive or whatever you call it. Not positive, not negative.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources