All The Drugs And Supplements You Have At Home

Who Me?

@Remy. That can be arranged! This is my beside table. Stuff I currently use for sleep only. Refills in a box on the shelf below.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 44

Strike me lucky

Im looking into supps that have multiple nutrients. Dessicated liver is not only good protein but good in all b vits folate and iron even some vit c which is not found in meat generally. Has vit d and A, omega 3 and q10, carnitine. I think it has others but get the point. One issue is knowing how much is in this supplement but it is something to be taken multiple times a day, at least 10 a day or more. I don't mind as i take them instead of snacking on crappy food.

Alot of herbs have multiple nutrients in them also. I need to look further into them. Im sure they have other vitamins minerals etc.

It would be nice to just have 2 or 3 jars of supplements on the bench.

Who Me?

If you're not sensitive to stuff you can take things with multi use. I can't do that. Something always causes problems.

GracieJ

What I have at home in herbs and other original medicines would be a long list.

Current usage:
Down to eight herbs, four supplements am; three supplements pm.

Gingko Biloba
Ashwagandha
Astragalus
Licorice root
Ginger root
Eleuthero
Hawthorn
Black cohosh

Vitamin C
Iodine
MSM
Caffeine - considered a no-no, but absolutely necessary to work!

Night time -

Tryptophan
Melatonin
GABA

I used to have four large plastic bait boxes with each 2x2 compartment filled with something in active use. Guess it got me where I am, but I think I would cry if I had to do it again!

Multi vitamin mixes never agree with me. Too many factors and possible allergies.

Not even one prescription bottle currently. I count my blessings.

Last edited:

Strike me lucky

I want to cut back out alot of crap. Not only expensive but i look at it all and it seems ridiculous.

I have some bulk herbs that im going to mix together, astragalus echinacea and withania and cap myself and this works out cheap.

The other supps i will continue with are mixed forms of vit E and nac. High doses of vit e are hard to get without supplementing and nac has good liver protective effects.

I have been taking alot of desiccated liver tablets throughout the day. They have that many nutrients in them that they make any multivitamin seem insignificant plus good quality protein and good sources of q10, vitamin A Bs C D K folate iron and a substance called cytochrome p450 which has liver detoxifying effects and its also said to have some type of antifatigue type effects?? So all that covers alot of nutrients.

Sum it up, herbal immune combo, vit E, NAC and liver tablets. I will use up other substances i have until they ate gone. I cant see a need for anything else.

Im going to keep a lòok out for nutrient dense food supplements not to unlike the liver tabs. I think this combination of natural nutrients found in one food will probably be cheaper but probably contain proper enzymes to help use these vitamins compared to individual nutrients.

Uniliver 500tabs costs $24 and aiming to take 10 a day through the day to keep my body with a constant supply of protein to recovery.

So thats what im aiming for anyway.

GracieJ

@Strike me lucky

Are the dessicated liver pills hard to take? I tried really, really hard to like beef liver, using different liver haters' recipes that were supposed to be yummy. Didn't make it past the first bite! There are so many nutrients in liver that we need to combat M.E. that we would probably all improve amazingly.

Strike me lucky

@Strike me lucky

Are the dessicated liver pills hard to take? I tried really, really hard to like beef liver, using different liver haters' recipes that were supposed to be yummy. Didn't make it past the first bite! There are so many nutrients in liver that we need to combat M.E. that we would probably all improve amazingly.

They are bigger than most pills and if u stick your nose in the container isnt fantastic but swallow them theres no flavour or much smell.

Vitacost have a really good price $22 for 500 pills universal brand. Probably take 2 or 3 with meals or i find inbetween meals helps reduce appetite.

Yesterday i read someone using them to help methylation as they have high b12 and folate content and dont need to really worry about cofactors etc?

Im not a fan of eating liver either but its said to be good for us. Always remember my oldies saying no dessert until u eat your dinner/liver, lots of tomato sauce is how i tried to get it down ew. Lol

Empty

Bananas other fruit
Turmeric , black pepper
Garlic
Tamari
Coffee

Forgot cinnamon, this one is important to me.

This last week have tried something new, organic cacao powder in my banana, tahini, cinnamon smoothies.

Its had a strong impact. Thought I was relapsing. (fever, feeling poisoned, pain, exhaustion, confusion, but not as bad as it may sound could be a detox. Also pleasant sensations, calm etc) Carrying on with it for now after aday off.

https://bioglansuperfoods.co.uk/product/cacao/

Last edited:

Tammy7

Cats Claw
Licorice root
L-lysine
Vit. C
B12
Zinc
Spirulina
Barley grass juice powder
The above I take most of the time: the following I take some of the time
MSM
Magnesium glycinate
Nettle leaf
lemon balm
colloidal silver
plant based omegas

Empty

Forgot cinnamon, this one is important to me.

This last week have tried something new, organic cacao powder in my banana, tahini, cinnamon smoothies.

Its had a strong impact. Thought I was relapsing. (fever, feeling poisoned, pain, exhaustion, confusion, but not as bad as it may sound could be a detox. Also pleasant sensations, calm etc) Carrying on with it for now after aday off.

https://bioglansuperfoods.co.uk/product/cacao/

Must have been a detox. Miracle! AT LAST. A normal persons detox.

Having a good Time with this bioglan powder. Am going to go for it and try the bioglan supergreens with cacao.

Since my mcs/allergies went under the radar, I do not know if this is a particularly good brand for sensitives or not. I think they ate gentle on the system.

Had my first day of it and so far so good.

I mix it with 3-4 bananas, tahini, cinnamon water in the nutri bullet. (like a top athlete :) )

Highly recommend a nutribullet for ease and minimum cleaning.

This bioglan product is the idea of Matt Dawson. Former England Rugby Player.

Ingredients in a 10g serving:

Superfoods:
Cacao powder (organic). 3730mg
Apple powder. 1000mg
Flaxseed powder. 100mg
Camu Camu powder. 50mg
Chia (ground). 26mg
Shiitake mushroom powder. 25mg
Clove Powder Extract. 5mg

Supergreens
Wheatgrass powder. 250mg
Barleygrass powder. 245mg
Spiruluna powder. 225mg
Chlorella powder. 225mg
Broccoli. 125mg
Spinach powder. 100mg
Kale powder. 50mg

Protein
Pea protein isolate 90%. 2000mg

Digestion
Inulin. b bb. 1500mg
Bromelain powder. 25mg
Bifidobacterium longum. 1.8 billionCfu
Lact. Acid. 1.8 billion cfu

Natural base
Natural chocolate flavour, stevia (natural) 99%

Each serving equiv. To 14 portions of fruit and veg.

It is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, nut free, soy free, 100% natural.

Key words:
Alkalising
Energising
Vitality
Immunity
Digestion
Natural mood boost.

I will be thrilled if I can consume this on a daily basis with no ill effect.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources