Antivirals

cherubim

That's a lot of carrots! No wonder you don't have an infection:) Do you extract the juice, or eat the entire carrots? The antioxidant is a good bet from my research. Every disorder has oxidative damage going on. I bought carrot powder from Amazon that I take on and off that was reasonably priced - but I wonder if you get the same benefits as you would juicing the carrots yourself.

Interesting about the cardiovascular function - thats linked in with what I have. I read again that autoimmunity is linked back to gut-health. Do you have allergies by any chance? You've probably read it, but when the gut becomes porous, it allows undigested food particles to enter the bloodstream - one theory behind autoimmune illness.

Veet

When I was using even more, I juiced. Now I just eat raw carrots, the equivalent of 1 large AM/PM, and, if I'm experiencing what I consider symptoms of oxidative stress, maybe another during the day, or after evening meal.

I believe that I've healed my leaky gut. I have gluten, sulfur and histamine intolerances, but not actual allergies. And I do have autoimmune issues.

cherubim

Oh - you eat 1 large carrot a day. What symptoms do you get of oxidative stress? I just wonder, because that is what has been linked to what I have. I eat healthy though. Although I think stress throws your system off.

I eat gluten-free. I take sulfur - I used to not be able to - but now I can. I've heard of histamine intolerance - I was reading about it online somewhere. I'm looking for any common threads with these issues.

Veet

Oh - you eat 1 large carrot a day
No, I eat a minimum of 2 large carrots/day. When I track my purchasing, I'm using 1/2 kg per day.

What symptoms do you get of oxidative stress?
Light-headed, slightly breathless, feeling as if my head's filling up. I'm uncertain whether this symptom cluster is more accurately labelled OS or POTS-lite. I've been chasing this for nearly 2 years now. Very persistent.

cherubim

That's healthy. I like those baby carrots.

I wonder how you know it's oxidative stress causing your symptoms? I've been reading that Nrf2 activation helps your body's own antioxidant system work. So I've been taking Swanson's sulforaphane and an antioxidant blend from Amazon. I read there are pharmaceuticals that are stronger, but haven't found the names of any.

I've been chasing my own cures down.

Veet

I wonder how you know it's oxidative stress causing your symptoms?
As I said, I'm now not certain whether it's OS or POTS. My symptoms are reduced by using what I consider my antioxidant substances, but, for instance w/ my new usage of coffee, certainly there's also an effect on BP.

cherubim

I was researching antioxidants today and read up on turmeric - taking it raises your catalase levels 75%. Circuminoids is in an antioxidant formula I bought, but I'm going to try taking the entire spice.

The thing I have to look further into is that on PubMed they used a lipid formula. I'm going to get some, but I think I'll add some oil to whatever I eat it with. I'm unsure if any oil will work, or if it has to be a phospholipid.

cherubim

That's interesting. I crave mangoes - I eat an entire frozen bag at a time. It's good you noticed your symptoms. I've been keeping a journal trying to keep track of what I take to see what I improve with. It's helping me to see patterns. I'm looking into Nrf2 activators, and just found another list that may help you and others. It helps your body's own antioxidant system to fight ROS:

• Olives
  • Sweet potatoes (especially purple sweet potatoes)
  • Tomatoes
  • Leafy, dark green vegetables
  • DHA and EPA from fatty fish
  • Garlic
  • Onions
  • Cruciferous vegetables

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR