Anyone have this?

I do not even know how to describe this, because it sound "silly", but does anyone have issues with glasses, sunglasses or headbands? I find that my glasses (and they are not tight) make the area behind my ears SO SORE...and not just like irritated, but sore, like it is bruised and it will remain tender, like really tender for hours...headbands make my head hurt, instantly...and almost always bring on a migraine. What is this?

JennyJenny

I do not even know how to describe this, because it sound "silly", but does anyone have issues with glasses, sunglasses or headbands? I find that my glasses (and they are not tight) make the area behind my ears SO SORE...and not just like irritated, but sore, like it is bruised and it will remain tender, like really tender for hours...headbands make my head hurt, instantly...and almost always bring on a migraine. What is this?

Yes. Glasses have always caused my nose and ears to have pain. So did headbands so I never wore them when they were "in" and even my long hair was causing pain and when I pulled it back it was painful to wear the hair clip. All this and it was before I was diagnosed with Fibro and ME/CFS. We are just very tender. Even clothes hurt and I think this is mostly a Fibro symptom as I have heard people with Fibro state these things more than ME/CFS patients but I don't know that for certain.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Interesting. I don't have surface pain but I've been getting headaches at times from my new glasses. I wonder if its the materials. Never had that before.

tara

I've watched several films on people with severe me/ CFSclinic. Just google u tube Cfs movies. I think the one I remember is from the 8os or 90s and focuses on the outbreak in Lake Tahoe.

Anyway in the film you will see and hear from patients with severe nervous system/ neurological problems. Extreme sensitivity with all 5 senses touch included is common. Many patients felt a blanket or sheet unbearably heavy causing extreme nerve over excitation/ pain. It's the dysregulation of neurons in either brain or spinal cord. Read more about potential of treating this by reading Dr. Norman Doigs second book on neuroplasticity called The brains way of healing.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources