Anyone work with DRibose for FM/CFS

IrisRV

I tried D-Ribose years ago with no noticeable effect except maybe feeling a bit wired. I just started it again for another trial, but I'm not noticing anything one way or another. I take it with food. I don't think I'd want to try without.

Am I hearing correctly that people are seeing a noticeable effect within a couple of hours? So if I'm not, it's probably not helping me at all?

What works a lot better for me is CoQ10.

IrisRV

I've just started CoQ10 and I've been having a lot of luck with it as well. :)
I continue to be amazed how different meds and supps can be so helpful for some of us and useless or bad for others. I hope they figure out this damned disease before I die. There's too many interesting puzzles to move on without knowing how some of them worked out.

Adele

I tried D-ribose in very small doses of 1g a day. I felt the boost of energy almost right away. However, on the second day I started having joint paints in the joints that never bothered me before! Also, at night I was having sharp pains all over my skin and my leg muscles got tight and weaker! It was horrible. I stopped taking it and pains went away the next day. I really enjoyed having the energy for D-ribose and tried it again yesterday, very little of it, just 500mg (1/4 spoon!). Again got the energy but also the weird pains. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

Homina

When I started using D ribose I got very sleepy I found out later that this was not a bad thing since I am one of those people that when I get over tired I can't sleep D ribose gives me the energy to sleep. I take it before bed.

I also load up on an empty stomach with D ribose in the morning so I won't deplete myself and will have enough energy in my system to sleep later

I buy it in bulk and will continue to use it

jaminhealth

I never had negative issues with Ribose but have NOT taken it for a while, due to money and I take so much...but may get it again.

A dear friend who deals with CFS/ME uses it all the time...no issues.

Everyone is different aren't we. jam

jaminhealth

I'm back to taking it after being off for some yrs, mentioned the history above. I add 1 tsp to my MSM drink in the morning so we'll see if I feel some shifts now back on it.

Any other members have a report on taking Ribose.

Edie

I first read about D-Ribose in Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum's book 'From Fatigue To Fantastic. At the time, I was having problems walking. It felt like my 2 legs were bound together by rubber bands, making it difficult to walk. Dr. T recommended taking 3 rounded tsp. a day in divided doses for the first month and then 2 doses daily.
It worked for me within a week, loosening my ligaments and is still working after many years. It is suppose to give you energy and that might have been the reason my legs were not working properly??
I would not do without it! The best price I can find for D-Ribose is from 'bulksupplements.com' a US company.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources