ARVs to be used in UK

Strike me lucky

Im interested to know if they are using them against the usual viruses in cfs or have they been able to find the RV implicated?

tenofovir has been mentioned but i think its more hear say. Although other cfsers using arvs on other forums have responded well to tenofovir ?

I think tenofovir is also effective against hepatitis but unsure if its active against other viruses in the herpes family or enterovirus family .

IrisRV

It's not clear to me if the patient is confusing antivirals with antiretrovirals. She does mention tenofovir, but that was unrelated to what her doctor said. She just said that her friend was getting tenofovir, not that Dr Weir said anything about patients getting tenofovir.

"He believes ME is caused by a virus, he seemed very confident they are going to be an available and effective treatment. They have difficult side effects and for that reason the patient's GP had to be on board. He seemed to prefer this option to Rituximab because RX wears off."

That sounds more like antivirals to me, but it could be referring to antiretrovirals. We'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't advise getting hopes up too soon. It would be amazing if it turns out to be true, though.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources