Benefits of Cryotherapy, includes FM/CFS Discussion

jaminhealth

I know somewhat about this work but never did it. Just recently my grandgirl landed a FT job at an upcoming Alternative Health/Healing business, Next Health, in Century City, CA. So I'm more interested now. The business also does IV's, laser work, red light work and some others and this Cryotherapy chambers. They are around the US and parts of the world and first started in Japan in late 70's.

The benefits of cold shock proteins (and hot shock proteins) are discussed often in the athlete community too. Search for Joe Rogan podcasts and he has a number of intriguing discussions on it with medical researchers, doctors and athletes. Search for Wim Hof method and fibromylgia video of a Belgian who had great results from cold shock and breathing techniques.

There are many variations to the theme and many are thousands of years old. (Primal lifestyle) Finns have the sauna (hot shock) and then a quick jump in the icy water (cold shock). Hot yoga (hot shock). Ice water dips (cold shock) for athletes post game. Cryotherapy (cold shock) shops are popping up all over, and some athletic teams have one in their facility.

Beside the cellular response, hot/cold shock also stimulates deep breathing. And there are many breathing exercise methods, Yoga likely being the most widely known. But, even just plain exercising will get more oxygen into your system and more blood flow. It all helps with oxygenation (feed your mitochondria), improved blood flow, heart rate variability, autonomic nervous improvement, etc.

jaminhealth

Many can no longer do aggressive exercise, myself being one. I do 30-40 minutes of stretching every morning and then some thru out the day.

Reading that there is localized cryo work available too. I'm looking into I believe. I live with a damaged knee and "maybe" this will help, lots of inflammation and pain.

jaminhealth

Here is what the Penguin machine looks like and what it offers:

If this Cryo work does what they say, great, and it's affordable in the scheme of it all.

Minnesota

Many can no longer do aggressive exercise, myself being one. I do 30-40 minutes of stretching every morning and then some thru out the day.

Reading that there is localized cryo work available too. I'm looking into I believe. I live with a damaged knee and "maybe" this will help, lots of inflammation and pain.
I plan to try this once they open up again. All are closed of course, but the cost isn't too prohibitive here in Minneapolis (3 sessions, $110). I figure why not just to see what it does. I was very athletic (played minor league bball back in the mid 80's for a couple of years) and continued that into adulthood until recently. I know some credible folks who say it really works for aches and pains. I'd rather be tired and w/o pain than with it, so I will try it and report back once I can make it happen.

jaminhealth

I too HOPE to give it a good trial once they are back in business .... Price is affordable in the whole scheme of it all.

jaminhealth

Minnesota: I don't know if you know much about Prolotherapy but it's a great source for NOT doing a knee surgery or replacement, it's more pricey than Cryotherapy but everyone knows their own finances. I've had some good success with Prolo work.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources