Borrowing Energy from Tomorrow to Handle Today: Migraine and Pacing

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Interesting blog here

People with migraine have many of the same issues as people with ME/CFS and FM with pacing and overexertion. Check out this interesting blog from someone with migraine

Borrowing Energy from Tomorrow to Enjoy Today

By Katie Golden—September 16, 2015
My boyfriend and I had dinner with friends recently. They live on the West Coast so we only get to see them once or twice a year. We had so much to talk about. Each of us gave highlights of work and family while toasting to happy life changes. Then it was my turn. Talking about Migraines can be an immediate buzzkill and it’s tricky on how to approach the topic. I chose to focus on the positive. I covered up-coming projects, recent conferences I’ve attended and some thoughts I have on how I can become a better advocate.

They were amazed and excited for me. Sighting how I’ve made a bad situation with my health into a new pathway. Then the husband carefully asks if he can ask me a question, clearly worried that it would offend me. “How is it that when we see you, you look and seem perfectly normal?” Fair question. They read my blog, they know about the ketamine treatments, they understand I can’t return to my previous career. But tonight I was having a great time and they wanted to know how I pull that off.

http://migraine.com/blog/borrowing-energy-tomorrow-enjoy-today/

Tina

I am so grateful that I do not suffer from migraines. They do run in my family and my daughter, who is 13, has had them since she was 9. I worry about her.

I appreciate how Katie Golden explains how she is able to "look normal." The things people don't know.

I am astounded at times that I can feel so incredibly unwell and people will say how good I look.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I am so grateful that I do not suffer from migraines. They do run in my family and my daughter, who is 13, has had them since she was 9. I worry about her.

I appreciate how Katie Golden explains how she is able to "look normal." The things people don't know.

I am astounded at times that I can feel so incredibly unwell and people will say how good I look.
It's amazing how it bears no relation at all!
There is a really strong migraine/FM/ME/CFS connection. I imagine something similar is going on in all of you....Someday somebody is going to find some really interesting connections....

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources