Call for Research Applications (MERUK)

Seanko

ME Research UK have put out their latest call for research applications.
Call for Research Applications (MERUK) 2016

collage-final.jpg

Call for applications for ME/CFS research funding 2016
The principal aim of ME Research UK is to commission and fund scientific (biomedical) investigation into the causes, consequences and treatment of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (also known as ME/CFS). This is a debilitating illness which affects around 200,000 people in the UK alone, but is neither well understood nor, in many cases, properly recognized. Since 2000, ME Research UK has awarded more than £1.3 million in grant funding to researchers in the UK and overseas for 39 specific biomedical projects, which have resulted in around 70 research papers in the peer-reviewed literature – see our overview of funded research.

We now wish to build on this success by expanding our portfolio of funded research studies, and are making a call for applications for ME/CFS research funding from researchers across the world. We are open to applications for projects, innovative technology studies and studentships, and we particularly welcome applications for innovative pilot studies or seed-corn projects. Our priority is novel clinical and biomedical studies that help to unravel the biology of ME/CFS, and studies that may point towards therapeutic strategies. Projects should cost a maximum of £100,000, but please note that the majority of our grants have been for lower amounts.

To facilitate applications, we encourage researchers to send us a summary of their research proposal on our one-page Outline Proposal Form, which allows us to give an initial opinion about its suitability and feasibility. Applications can be submitted at any time, and can include items of medical equipment, consumables associated with laboratory tests, or salaries. Informal queries are welcome. All Full Applications are reviewed by external referees and the members of our Scientific Advisory Panel. Award of a grant is conditional on acceptance of ME Research UK’s grant conditions, and larger grants are subject to annual review.

Potential applicants can review our funding strategy, and application forms can be downloaded from our specific applications webpage and should be sent, preferably by email at the initial stages, to:

Dr Neil C. Abbot
Research & Operations Director
ME Research UK
The Gateway
North Methven St
Perth PH1 5PP, UK
01738 451234
meruk@pkavs.org.uk

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY