Call me kooky but what about lysate of staph aureus

Not dead yet!

What eventually happened with the idea of staph aureus lysate in HIV patients? It looks like it is in use for dairy cattle. At least this kind of vaccine wouldn't be passed through mice but is just exploded staph cells (I hope). My inner conspiracy theorist looks at those dates and thinks... hmmm... wasn't that around when MRSA wreaked havoc in Emergency Rooms? :Blackalien:

------------------------- copy-paste of abstracts follows:
Immunologic changes in healthy probands and HIV infected patients after oral administration of Staphylococcus aureus 12c: a pilot study

T Danninger. Author links open the author workspace.K Gallenberger. Author links open the author workspace.*. Numbers and letters correspond to the affiliation list. Click to expose these in author workspaceJ Kraeling. Author links open the author workspace.
Humboldstr. 15, 81543 Munich, Germany
Received 15 May 1998, Revised 27 September 1999, Accepted 8 March 2000, Available online 24 May 2002.
http://dx.doi.org/10.1054/homp.1999.0403Get rights and content
Abstract

The tumoricidal and antiviral effects of Staphylococcal toxins are well documented. In a preliminary study we investigated the immune modulating properties of these toxins by administering single oral doses of a 12c potency of a lysate of Staphylococcus aureus Cowan I, to 4 healthy probands and 12 HIV infected patients with clinical symptoms. We observed a decrease of circulating immune complexes in the healthy probands as well as in the HIV positive patients, accompanied in the latter by a significant increase of CD4 lymphocytes, CD4/CD8-ratio and an improvement of the HIV related symptoms. None of the dose dependent toxic effects commonly found in Staphylococcal sepsis were noticed. Further research on the immune modulating effects of potencies of bacterial superantigens is suggested, especially in view of a possible treatment for HIV infected and other immune compromised patients.
· Keywords

• staphylococcal superantigens;
  • immune modulation;
  • HIV

J Dairy Sci. 2001 Aug;84(8):1791-9.
Immunization with Staphylococcus aureus lysate incorporated into microspheres.

O'Brien CN1, Guidry AJ, Douglass LW, Westhoff DC.
Author information

Immunology and Disease Resistance Laboratory, USDA, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA. cobrien@anri.barc.usda.gov
Abstract

Antibiotics are of limited value against Staphylococcus aureus due to development of resistant strains, scar tissue formation, and blockage of ducts due to inflammation. Though macrophages are the predominant cell type in the mammary gland, they are primarily scavenger cells and are not effective against bacteria entering the gland. Neutrophil phagocytosis is the bovine's primary defense against S. aureus mastitis. Attempts to develop vaccines that enhance neutrophil phagocytosis by stimulating production of opsonizing antibodies to S. aureus have met with limited success because of the low immunogenicity of the exopolysaccharide capsule surrounding S. aureus. Staphylococcus aureus can also adhere to and penetrate epithelial tissue. This study was conducted to determine whether lysates of S. aureus encapsulated in biodegradable microspheres would increase the production of opsonizing antibodies to capsule and block adherence. Four groups of four cows each were injected with 1 ml of the respective treatment in the area of the supramammary lymph node and 1 ml in the hip muscle. The treatments were: lysate in NaCl, lysate in Freund's incomplete adjuvant (FICA), lysate in microspheres in NaCl, and lysate in microspheres in FICA. Antigen in microspheres produced a similar antibody response to antigen emulsified in FICA, but to a lesser magnitude. Antigen in microspheres produced antibodies that were more opsonic for neutrophils at 20 and 52 wk postimmunization and inhibited S. aureus adherence to mammary epithelium. Ability to control antigen release and presentation, and the benefit of a single injection for long-term immunity using microspheres warrants additional studies.
PMID:
DOI:
10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(01)74617-6

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merida

I would like to join the conspiracy. This MRSA is much more than just an antibiotic resistant organism. It survives forever on inert surfaces. Very hard to kill. It hangs out on skin surfaces, then becomes infective when conditions are favorable. It causes very intense itching at first, provoking some scratching that 'plants' the organism for infection. It is difficult to eradicate and can reoccur.

I worked with plain old Staph aureus in the 1970s. Yes, the hospital kept track of staph infections and isolated certain patients. But this new MRSA staph is a whole new bug. Evil incarnate. I had it on my chest last year. OMG. Unreal. Where did I get the thing? Think it was from my grandson in day care - day care associated with the medical center where my daughter works. I asked the pediatrician if they would culture his nose. " No. They all have it." was the answer. I understand this MRSA spreads through the families of nurses, doctors, health care workers.

I think it us very possible that it is an escaped biowarfare organism. I got completely freaked out reading about various reported biowarfare research - at Tulane, at Fort Detrick.

Dr. Garth Nicholson has very interesting lectures on Mycoplasma incognitis and the evidence that it is an escaped biowarfare, genetically- modified organism.

Very scary.

Not dead yet!

I would like to join the conspiracy. This MRSA is much more than just an antibiotic resistant organism. It survives forever on inert surfaces. Very hard to kill. It hangs out on skin surfaces, then becomes infective when conditions are favorable. It causes very intense itching at first, provoking some scratching that 'plants' the organism for infection. It is difficult to eradicate and can reoccur.

I worked with plain old Staph aureus in the 1970s. Yes, the hospital kept track of staph infections and isolated certain patients. But this new MRSA staph is a whole new bug. Evil incarnate. I had it on my chest last year. OMG. Unreal. Where did I get the thing? Think it was from my grandson in day care - day care associated with the medical center where my daughter works. I asked the pediatrician if they would culture his nose. " No. They all have it." was the answer. I understand this MRSA spreads through the families of nurses, doctors, health care workers.

I think it us very possible that it is an escaped biowarfare organism. I got completely freaked out reading about various reported biowarfare research - at Tulane, at Fort Detrick.

Dr. Garth Nicholson has very interesting lectures on Mycoplasma incognitis and the evidence that it is an escaped biowarfare, genetically- modified organism.

Very scary.

I am generally favorably inclined to believe that we're being experimented on, living in NC gives one a unique perspective of how much the gov loves us. That is, only when we're useful. But I also don't think it's likely that we will know for sure unless someone squeals. In a way I think the Russians are doing us a favor with Wikileaks. They may foam at the mouth about us in their press, but whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Eventually when enough people figure out that the past 10-20 years have been a Russian spyop manipulation, we'll do what we always do as Americans and plant Victory gardens again and behave like adults. Nothing like a real danger to make people grow up.

I guess these early AIDS patients were using the lysed (burst open) regular SA to stimulate the immune system. I guess it might be worth a look what it was exactly that did the stimulating. If that could be purified and synthesized, someone would have a nice drug product there.

edit: exactly what I'm referring to:

1. Yeltsin died in 2007, in around 2008, the psychological warfare began... evidence:

2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Chapman

3. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/03/06/trump-putin-and-the-new-cold-war

Despite all this, despite Wikileaks being designed to embarrass us, I think the end result will be a purging of the chaff from the gov. The criticisms that are meant to be poisonous will end up helping strengthen our country. An honest person becomes introspective when presented with criticism, and changes behavior. I believe we are basically still an honest country. The horror of the past election wouldn't have been horror if we were already cynical and corrupt ourselves.

Last edited:

Merida

This is all interesting stuff. And who knows what those Russians are up to! () I remember reading a case study years ago : A woman with advanced breast cancer picked up a very bad strep infection. Her immune system ended up attacking the cancer and she was cured.

So, I think this exotic immune system stimulation could be beneficial. In my own case I have observed that my immune system over reacts and goes crazy in some cases, yet seems inadequate on rare occasion. This happened in 1988, when I caught some strange virus. I was 40. I got hives from even slight pressure, got terrible asthma for first time, and sinus problems, and throat clearing. I called L.A. county health to see if they were tracking some new flu. No, but one of their nurses had a virus and this profile, so knew what I was talking about.

I was sick for over a year, gradually got better after a Medrol dose pack.
I did not develop CFS/ FM until 1998.

As far as being experimented on: Well, look at our history: the Tuskegee syphilis experiment. Also, more recent info about our World War 2 troops ( like 60,000 of them) were unknowingly exposed to chemicals like mustard gas in secret U.S. experiments. ( good articles on NPR site) Some never recovered.

Can we assume that the mentality that supported such terrible crimes against Humanity is no longer having influence? Yes, thanks to all those who leak ' secret' documents that reveal the depth of some human misconduct - Geez - down right Evil.

Not dead yet!

I was sick for over a year, gradually got better after a Medrol dose pack.
I did not develop CFS/ FM until 1998.

Yeah Medrol still helps me, although I realize it should be helping the secondary infections. I'm thinking about asking for a course of it before a vacation in the sun so I can be feeling good when I vacation and maybe get a big boost from the relaxation effect.

I hope you get well.

Not dead yet!

Very scary.

Mycoplasmas are also mentioned here: http://regist2.virology-education.com/1XMRV/docs/21_Lo.pdf

It is from a presentation at the 1st International Conference on XMRV. http://regist2.virology-education.com/1XMRV/8_September.html

Some of the presentation slides are still visible. I was hoping to read Maureen Hanson's presentation that day, but it's not there. While I was reading the Lo presentation, I saw that and remembered you mentioned it. It's definitely going on my reading list. Thanks for mentioning it.

Ladyliegh

Several of my friends have MRSA.
One of them swears by a product called hibiclens..
She uses it before, during & after a hospital stay, to prevent other infections.
It may actually prevent catching MRSA while in the hospital.

Merida

Yes, I have the special soap- Hibiclens.

@Not dead yet!
Thanks for the links. I have not kept up on the XMRV latest, but should probably try to catch up.

I see the original work with Staph lysate in HIV patients was done in Germany. Maybe you could write to the researcher and ask if there has been any interest in trying this in CFS patients. I don't know I'd CFS patients show consistent immune deficiencies? Only remember decreased natural killer cells.

Not dead yet!

Yes, I have the special soap- Hibiclens.

@Not dead yet!
Thanks for the links. I have not kept up on the XMRV latest, but should probably try to catch up.

I see the original work with Staph lysate in HIV patients was done in Germany. Maybe you could write to the researcher and ask if there has been any interest in trying this in CFS patients. I don't know I'd CFS patients show consistent immune deficiencies? Only remember decreased natural killer cells.

Recently I saw two new studies, one on a cytokine footprint which is specific for CFS, but even Mikovits said that, so it might be a new detection test they were talking about.

Another was I thought from Silverman saying "it doesn't cause CFS" but afaik he doesn't look for anything other than clones of the prostate cancer virus, so idk how helpful that is.

And a quick google turned up something interesting about replication, but it was just looking at function, not disease at this point:

https://phys.org/news/2017-01-blocking-mechanism-mysterious-class-retroviruses.html

My question after reading the above link, is... then how come CFS patients, the very few who got some HAART drugs, say they were "cured"? I can't be on Twitter for one day before one of them PM's me to say that.

It occurs to me that Dr. Burzinski might do a nice sideline in CFS if he sees the connection between cancer and viruses. (oops, dropped another health bomb there by mentioning him) :playful:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources