celebrex dosing

Strike me lucky

Interested to know the dosing of celebrex in the pridgen research work. I have heard its higher than whats used for arthritis, maybe 200mg twice a day??

Who Me?

Pridgen says you can use various antiiflammaories with different AV's I had been taking Ibuprofen and acyclovir (one of his combos) for 6 months without even knowing it. Maybe that's why I felt so good on teh ayclcovir?

I've been on Famvir and ibuprofen for a year (accidentally) and not noticing much. Not sure if that is one of his combos.

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
I don't know the dosing offhand but we're going to have a blog up pretty soon on a person who couldn't handle the Famvir/Celebrex combination but then did GREAT of celebrex alone - best thing he ever did for his severe ME/CFS...His depression disappeared, his PEM went way down - it was really something.

Strike me lucky

Sounds interesting. I have used celebrex and mobic for back issues, cant say its helped cfs symptoms, why i was interested in seeing what the dose was.

Remy

Administrator
200 twice a day is what is stuck in my mind too but I would need to look back and see if I can find any notes to be sure.

Strike me lucky

200 twice a day is what is stuck in my mind too but I would need to look back and see if I can find any notes to be sure.

Thanks, thats what i can recall but i dont trust my memory on that one.

I wonder if mobic at an equivalent dose is being used. I think pridgen patent celebrex, mobic and diclofenic from memory?

San Diego

Some are getting away with 50 mg bid - and doing well. Dosing may have to do with one's CYP2D6 gene. Hetero (like me) can't tolerate normal doses because we clear the drug 40-60% more slowly than normals. At normal doses I get very sick with GI and brain issues. It's worth thinking about when considering personal dosages.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources