Chia To Present Important Finding at London Conference Next Week

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
An ME/CFS patient seeing Dr. Chia just told me Chia told him he was presenting a "blockbuster finding" at the London Conference next week. He said Chia was very excited - an unusual state for him :)

ChiaWeb.jpg

Chia's talk on "ME and Chronic Enterovirus Infection: An Update on pathogenesis." suggests he thinks he getting close to cause; i.e. how an enterovirus iinfections actually causes ME/CFS....

Dr. Chia's enteroviral findings came under some question when it was revealed that the test he was using could have false positives. Chia asserted that he cleared that worry at his presentation at the IACFS/ME conference in San Francisco last year. Recently Dr. Chia produced a paper validating his enteroviral findings in ME/CFS and reporting on enterovirus infections in people with acid reflux - a disorder for which he stated no probable cause has been established. (Only five percent of dyspepsia patients have evidence in H. pylori, the putative cause of dsypepsia in stomach biopsies). Chia may, in the end, believe that gut enteroviral infection contribute to a number of gut disorders

As in ME/CFS Chia believes dsRNA from enteroviruses are able to inhabit the cells of people with dyspepsia without killing them. A similar proposition has been put forward with regard to Epstein-Barr Virus an ME/CFS. Chia noted the needd to explain how enteroviruses, which have been found in the muscle, hearts and brain, are able to persist without the cells initiating their suicide machinery.In the past he's proposed that a stalemate exists between an oddly put together virus and an incompetent immune response.

Finally, the CDC has been examining Dr. Chia's samples in order to validate or invalidate them. That work should wrapping up soon an may be release at the Invest in ME conference.

Last edited:

Cort

Staff member
Does this mean that you will be going and reporting, @Cort?
I wish..It does mean I'll be interviewing him afterwards (hopefully)...I'll try!
I'm sure we'll see reports come out. I don't know if they're going to have a video or not.

Hello!

I don't think it's a cure- yet. He definitely has a much clearer understanding of enteroviruses and how to find them, that makes for a much better defined target. Go get 'em, Dr. Chia!

Hello!

I wish..It does mean I'll be interviewing him afterwards (hopefully)...I'll try!
I'm sure we'll see reports come out. I don't know if they're going to have a video or not.
Wouldn't it be great to go?

I'd try to arrange that interview now if I were you. I think he's about to become a very, very busy man.

There will be a video, they are taking preorders now, they expect to ship in July. The DVD's will be in the PAL format, so those of us in the U.S. will have to do a work around. It's very easy to order. Here's the link:

http://www.investinme.eu/IIMEC10-DVD-Order.shtml

Cort

Staff member
Wouldn't it be great to go?

I'd try to arrange that interview now if I were you. I think he's about to become a very, very busy man.

There will be a video, they are taking preorders now, they expect to ship in July. The DVD's will be in the PAL format, so those of us in the U.S. will have to do a work around. It's very easy to order. Here's the link:

http://www.investinme.eu/IIMEC10-DVD-Order.shtml
Thanks....

Folk

I wonder how long will it take for other physicians accept it even if he shows the most amazing information...
And then, how long will it take for the treatment plan begin
:\
But anyway wishing the best here
Hope you get that interview!

Last edited:

JennyJenny

I'm hoping. I remember having a stomach biopsy years ago by "some doctor" (perhaps my doctor knew of the 2007 study) and nothing coming up. I wonder what they were checking for. I was never in any condition to really ask just let them do things always hoping something positive would come up but it never did.

fdotx

Does anyone know if one should try anti virals without first getting blood tests? And if not, would most labs be able to determine if you have an active virus? Thanks for any input....

TigerLilea

Does anyone know if one should try anti virals without first getting blood tests? And if not, would most labs be able to determine if you have an active virus? Thanks for any input....
No one should take any prescription medications unless there is a legitimate reason to be taking it. You never know what damage you are doing to your body taking unnecessary meds. Even when they are necessary they can be causing further problems down the road. :wtf:

fdotx

No one should take any prescription medications unless there is a legitimate reason to be taking it. You never know what damage you are doing to your body taking unnecessary meds. Even when they are necessary they can be causing further problems down the road. :wtf:
That's a good point, thanks. I wonder though if anyone has taken them in spite of negative findings and still been helped with fatigue.....

I live 30 minutes from venue of conference.
I'd happily attend if I were sponsored ;).

Conference agenda sounds very exciting and will very likely influence the next experimental treatment route I'll conjure up.

Chia's speech is can't-miss and Fluge/Mella will most likely discuss their recent anti-cancer/Ritumixab combination as well as their recently patented use of cGMP stimulators/activators which have proved to spontaneously induce instant remission in patients.

This of course is huge progress in comparison to findings/treatments options. It still however doesn't target the route cause, just an important process in the cycle (NO cycle).

Chia may change all that very soon though.

Cort

Staff member
I don't think you could get them without the tests actually.
The antibody tests are iffy, however, PCR is the gold standard but most doctors won't do it.

Cort

Staff member
I live 30 minutes from venue of conference.
I'd happily attend if I were sponsored ;).

Conference agenda sounds very exciting and will very likely influence the next experimental treatment route I'll conjure up.

Chia's speech is can't-miss and Fluge/Mella will most likely discuss their recent anti-cancer/Ritumixab combination as well as their recently patented use of cGMP stimulators/activators which have proved to spontaneously induce instant remission in patients.

This of course is huge progress in comparison to findings/treatments options. It still however doesn't target the route cause, just an important process in the cycle (NO cycle).

Chia may change all that very soon though.
Looking forward to Fluge and Mella too. Wish I was there!

Who Me?

@fdotx

Labs with high IgM generally means an active infection. IgG means previous infection.

Im wondering, if taking an AV might help some unknown virus that either hasn't been tested for or not yet known.

I started taking acyclovir when I had high IgG for EBV and HHV6. It absolutely helped me. I currently take Famvir And have high IgM CMV

Last edited:

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources