Complex motor stereotypy

Sarah1982

Hi all, obviously not cfs/me related but i was wondering if anyone knows of or had experience of motor stereotypy? My friends daughter has been diagnosed but there's very little information on it and we were wondering if her bad sleep/no sleep could be related to that or a separate issue. Any advice, links or general comments would be gratefully received!

Victor Maalouf

How old is she? Were they ever worried she might have autism?

I have 2 young twin cousins, about 6-7, who used to have sleeping difficulties. The one who had some birth complications and early surgery was waking up every night and coming to his parents' room. I suggested massaging them. They did it every day, and the boy began sleeping "like a baby."

From what I've heard and seen observing motor stereotypes and Turrets stereotypes, is that they're driven by discomfort in the body. Massaging all over, but primarily in the arms and upper torso and lightly around the head may help alleviate discomfort significantly.

Sarah1982

That's brilliant, thank you I'll pass that over. Autism has never been mentioned, she's 3 amd hadn't shown any other signs, but they might come later I suppose!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources