Could Donald Trump Be Good For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia?

Donald Trumps Plans to Deregulate the FDA would be ? for ME/CFS and/or FM

• Very good

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Somewhat good

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Neutral or don't know

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Somewhat bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very bad

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

Not dead yet!

He seems genuinely concerned about his child, and the autism-cfs connection is not totally invisible. If they turn out to be the same thing causing different effects in different age groups, then we could always try to borrow their methods of "cure."

However, I'm only cautiously optimistic on this point because I think he's mostly concerned about making vaccines safe again (ugh, did I just say that?), not curing. Although I think personally in his own life he might be looking to help find a cure, his behavior has been to attempt to de-polarize the vaccine debate. A necessary first step, perhaps.

ankaa

LOL... I didn't bother posting it...Facts don't work, because, you know "fake news"...

Paul Ryan interviewed on Tucker Carlson: this is only the first phase of a 3 phase plan; they couldn't completely decimate Obamacare in 1 bill b/c it would be filibustered, plus they included a bunch of tax breaks for the rich b/c, you know, they were only instituted in the first place b/c of obamacare (not kidding, that's what he said). Tucker Carlson didn't think this made any sense either.
..the video is here:
http://www.salon.com/2017/03/09/wat...at-will-send-more-money-to-richest-americans/

“I guess my question is, looking at the last election, was the message of that election really we need to help investors? I mean, the Dow is over 20,000,” Carlson said. “Are they the group that really needs the help?”

“We promised we would repeal the Obamacare taxes,” Ryan responded. “This is one of the Obamacare taxes. . . . And, by the way, it’s bad tax policy because it’s bad for economic growth.” Carlson suggested that Ryan was missing the big picture.

“The overview here is that all the wealth basically in the last 10 years has stuck to the top end. That’s one of the reasons we have had all this political turmoil, as you know,” Carlson said. “So, it’s kind of a hard sell to say, ‘We are going repeal Obamacare, but we are going to send more money to the people who have gotten the richest over the last 10 years.’ That’s what this does, no? I am not a leftist; that’s just true.”

Added Ryan, appearing visibly stunned: “I am not concerned about it because we said we were going to repeal all of the Obamacare taxes and this is one of the Obamacare taxes.”

BTW - Soon, you will not be able to protest any of this:
Since the election of President Trump, Republican lawmakers in at least 18 states have introduced or voted on legislation to curb mass protests in what civil liberties experts are calling “an attack on protest rights throughout the states.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ills-to-curb-protesting-in-at-least-17-states

weyland

“I guess my question is, looking at the last election, was the message of that election really we need to help investors? I mean, the Dow is over 20,000,” Carlson said. “Are they the group that really needs the help?”

“We promised we would repeal the Obamacare taxes,” Ryan responded. “This is one of the Obamacare taxes. . . . And, by the way, it’s bad tax policy because it’s bad for economic growth.” Carlson suggested that Ryan was missing the big picture.
These Ayn Rand infected idiots still believe trickle-down economics actually works.

Paw

These Ayn Rand infected idiots still believe trickle-down economics actually works.
It would seem Ayn Rand was against the whole concept of insurance -- judging by her sycophant Paul Ryan's latest comments about it not being fair that healthy people have to pay for sick people's care. That's precisely what insurance pools are all about!!

Not dead yet!

Insurance has many faults, and there are many opportunities for savings, but the healthy paying for the sick is not one of them.

ankaa

Insurance has many faults, and there are many opportunities for savings, but the healthy paying for the sick is not one of them.

that's fundamentally how any health insurance pool works - not just the ACA or trumpcare.....
also, if you have car insurance and you have never been in an accident, then you've been paying for all the ppl who HAVE accidents... If you've bought house insurance, same thing. Insurance policies run by employers have always worked like this, too. ie, if you have paid your portion on a monthly basis and a co-worker has chemo, you helped pay for it... If you had a baby or two, your co-worker (or your husband's co-workers) paid the bill, too. In fact, the GOP doesn't want to pay for women's healthcare any more b/c having babies is expensive: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...for-prenatal-coverage/?utm_term=.4b955935cc70

Economically, you've already been participating in this your whole adult life
(likely, via car insurance or an employee health plan)... You just didn't know it... If you're morally opposed to this, you should never buy ANY insurance plan of any kind.... You should "self-insure" ie, put money away to pay for catastrophe out of pocket. Californians self-insure for earthquakes.. ie, insurance is too expensive to buy, so we put money away in case of earthquake.

BTW - if ppl DON'T have insurance, then the number of medical bankruptcies will escalate...
So, if you go to the emergency room or you have a baby or your kid needs a kidney transplant and (with or without insurance) you can't afford it, then you have to declare bankruptcy... Then who pays?? Other people. So, if you're morally opposed to poor ppl having babies, then you better support planned parenthood and abortion, and support sending ppl to debtors prison for having a sickness they can't afford etc. http://www.cnbc.com/id/100840148

Reminder: WE'RE paying for Paul Ryan's family insurance and pension.

Last edited:

ankaa

House Republicans would let employers demand workers’ genetic test results
"The bill, HR 1313, was approved by a House committee on Wednesday, with all 22 Republicans supporting it and all 17 Democrats opposed. It has been overshadowed by the debate over the House GOP proposal to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, but the genetic testing bill is expected to be folded into a second ACA-related measure containing a grab-bag of provisions that do not affect federal spending, as the main bill does."

"“What this bill would do is completely take away the protections of existing laws,” said Jennifer Mathis, director of policy and legal advocacy at the Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law, a civil rights group. In particular, privacy and other protections for genetic and health information in GINA and the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act “would be pretty much eviscerated,” she said."

Immune Illness are highly genetic, and there's no cure. IOW, very expensive and un-insurable in the GOP worldview.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/03/10/workplace-wellness-genetic-testing/

Not dead yet!

"Retrovirus: A virus that is composed not of DNA but of RNA. Retroviruses have an enzyme, called reverse transcriptase, that gives them the unique property of transcribing their RNA into DNA after entering a cell. The retroviral DNA can then integrate into the chromosomal DNA of the host cell, to be expressed there. HIV is a retrovirus."

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=5344

I first read about it here: https://www.amazon.com/Plague-Scientist’s-Intrepid-Retroviruses-Syndrome/dp/1626365652

Paw

ouse Republicans would let employers demand workers’ genetic test results
"The bill, HR 1313, was approved by a House committee on Wednesday, with all 22 Republicans supporting it and all 17 Democrats opposed.
That is some awful shit. Completely doubling down on their opposition to Obamacare's preexisting condition fix, which is very popular. Hopefully the GOP is purposely designing something to fail, so they can tell their dumb-ass constituents they tried to blow the whole thing up but Obama's shadow government blocked them!

Merida

Can 23andme show that you have the XMRV dna in you? Hmm... it IS cheek cells and saliva.... that would be so awesome.
@Not dead yet!

Well, 23 andMe told me that I had not had the Noro virus. Been thinking - how did they determine that with just DNA ???? So, this is a good question.

Also, read several years ago on a obscure University site ( which one ?) that people working with this XMRV virus should have certain precautions as it was considered infective to humans. I have this in some file, but where? The comment was written before the big news splash, but I was cruising for info after the first news release came out.

ankaa

@Not dead yet!

Well, 23 andMe told me that I had not had the Noro virus. Been thinking - how did they determine that with just DNA ???? So, this is a good question.

Also, read several years ago on a obscure University site ( which one ?) that people working with this XMRV virus should have certain precautions as it was considered infective to humans. I have this in some file, but where? The comment was written before the big news splash, but I was cruising for info after the first news release came out.

how did 23andme tell you if you had the norovirus or not? is there an rs number that you can share? I only use the lookup tool for rs numbers... thanks

Merida

@ankaa
The disease risk papers I have are from April to August 2012. I was very surprised by this norovirus comment. So, perhaps norovirus is capable of a specific epigenetic phenomenon? But I have no clue, and I never wrote to them to find out.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources