Cure for MS

Merida

@Recliner
This CCSVI is a really important issue.nHow and why it occurs is discussed by Michael Flanagan, a neurological chiropractor, in his book, The Downside of Upright Posture. Here is a link:
https://uprightdoctor.wordpress.com

Hope that works!! Dr. Flanagan also worked with Dr. Harry Shapiro of the American Museum of Natural History on skull shape and design in mammal groups. He was especially interested in whales and bats, which would have obvious cerebral circulation issues without special adaptations to prevent pressure build up.

The important question in my mind is : Is the surgery safe and effective in solving this brain drainage issue ?

So, oxidative stress is certainly a consequence of this CCSVI issue. And microorganisms take advantage of this. Think bedsores in the elderly - lying in one position decreases blood flow to area.

There is a drug that no one has discussed here that was prescribed to me by a very experienced neurologist - 4 aminopyridine. Used in MS. It can take several months to help. i did not take it long enough to know. Got a small bit of nausea and got discouraged, stopped it.

Croatoan

@Recliner
This CCSVI is a really important issue.nHow and why it occurs is discussed by Michael Flanagan, a neurological chiropractor, in his book, The Downside of Upright Posture. Here is a link:
https://uprightdoctor.wordpress.com

Hope that works!! Dr. Flanagan also worked with Dr. Harry Shapiro of the American Museum of Natural History on skull shape and design in mammal groups. He was especially interested in whales and bats, which would have obvious cerebral circulation issues without special adaptations to prevent pressure build up.

The important question in my mind is : Is the surgery safe and effective in solving this brain drainage issue ?

So, oxidative stress is certainly a consequence of this CCSVI issue. And microorganisms take advantage of this. Think bedsores in the elderly - lying in one position decreases blood flow to area.

There is a drug that no one has discussed here that was prescribed to me by a very experienced neurologist - 4 aminopyridine. Used in MS. It can take several months to help. i did not take it long enough to know. Got a small bit of nausea and got discouraged, stopped it.

A friend of mine with MS had that surgery done in Italy, she was part of the first research. It did nothing for her MS.

Merida

Thanks for the info, Croatoan. The whole problem, as I see it ( from reading/experience) is that the craniocervical junction is very complex, and solving one problem may not solve additional structural issues. Montel Williams and
some other MS patients have been helped by Atlas Orthogonal procedures. I did NUCCA chiropractic for 8 months and could feel symptoms changing as my atlas shifted. I started to sleep better.

When I plateaued I went to a SOT chiropractor ( SacroOccipital a Technique), where I got additional help. The pressure in my head went away. I was sleeping wonderfully. But, again, I plateaued. The big issue is that my pelvis is chronically unstable, and this keeps pulling my neck out. Can feel it happen.

Such a long story. I want to write about TMJ issues. The TMJ problem is completely biomechanical - not viral, not metabolic, not neurotransmitter. So, if a vast majority of us have a TMJ dysfunction ( over control population) it says a lot about what the foundational issue is.

Croatoan

Thanks for the info, Croatoan. The whole problem, as I see it ( from reading/experience) is that the craniocervical junction is very complex, and solving one problem may not solve additional structural issues. Montel Williams and
some other MS patients have been helped by Atlas Orthogonal procedures. I did NUCCA chiropractic for 8 months and could feel symptoms changing as my atlas shifted. I started to sleep better.

When I plateaued I went to a SOT chiropractor ( SacroOccipital a Technique), where I got additional help. The pressure in my head went away. I was sleeping wonderfully. But, again, I plateaued. The big issue is that my pelvis is chronically unstable, and this keeps pulling my neck out. Can feel it happen.

Such a long story. I want to write about TMJ issues. The TMJ problem is completely biomechanical - not viral, not metabolic, not neurotransmitter. So, if a vast majority of us have a TMJ dysfunction ( over control population) it says a lot about what the foundational issue is.

I disagree about your statement on TMJ, though not completely. TMJ can most certainly be cause by issues with neurotransmitters, serotonin specifically. If it could not we would not see this happen. (It happened to me)

http://www.parkinsonsresource.org/p...nsons/medications-and-jaw-joint-symptoms-tmj/
“Patients receiving SSRIs or Atypical Antidepressants may develop movement disorders that include clenching and grinding of the teeth, also known as bruxism. This may occur because these medications increase the extrapyramidal levels of serotonin; thereby, inhibiting dopaminergic pathways that control movements.” JADA, Vol. 132, No 5, pg 629-638, 2001.
Similarly, in addition to the use of these medications, which can cause bruxism and then, subsequently, lead to TMJ conditions, which can be painful, further complicating and even compromising the patient’s progress; a number of other conditions can also contribute to these TMJ (jaw joint) problems. Specifically, other causes of bruxism and clenching include:

Croatoan

Thinking more about the CCJ, it might be that RA in the area is what is causing the blockage. That RA being caused by ROS.

http://www.merckmanuals.com/profess...alities/craniocervical-junction-abnormalities
Acquired
Acquired causes include injuries and disorders.
RA (the most common disease cause) and Paget disease of the cervical spine can cause atlantoaxial dislocation or subluxation, basilar invagination, or platybasia.

So in MS it is not the cause, only another symptom and a sign of oxidative stress in patients.

I want to add that two years ago I was preliminary diagnosed with MS but could not afford an MRI. I have had no more of the symptoms since starting my treatment 18 months ago.

Merida

Thanks for the additional information on bruxism and jaw issues associated with excess serotonin as related to SSRI, etc use. This excess serotonin in the extrapyramidal system suppressing dopamine is helpful info. This is a special, but important exclusion to be considered when looking at TMJ dysfunction in our group.

I have brain plaques on MRI, but not enough to get dx with MS. Went to a day long conference on MS and realized by symptoms alone, the FM/CFS/ME people and MS people could not be separated.

Looking for your earlier posts on treatment. interested.

Also, jaw appliances are being used to treat Parkinson's and other neuro issues - check out Brendan Stack, DDS, on YouTube. I was evaluated by him about 6 years ago. He is one of these brilliant, insightful docs. This is a story in itself. But, after trying some jaw appliances , I learned how important the jaw is to my neuro symptoms and ultimately ( I assume from experience/ reading) to the function of the central nervous system.

Will try to find an article to post.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources