Death Certificate

Tina

I saw an article today about this beautiful 21 year old girl who died from ME/CFS. Evidently her family will be fighting to get that designation. It got me thinking how much say might someone have in what gets put on their death certificate?

I have had ME/CFS since 2008 (or 2007), but like many long term sufferers, about 5 to 6 years in the illness begin to morph into more severe symptoms. I developed lung and muscle issues that were ultimately diagnosed as Antisynthetase Syndrome.

I consider this a comorbid illness. My feeling is that the ME/CFS primed me for the Antisynthetase Syndrome. I do not believe I simply had Antisynthetase Syndrome for 10 years before they figured it out.

But reading about Merryn Croft got me thinking when it comes down to it, who decides what goes on the death certificate. I very much want ME/CFS on mine.

Thoughts?????

Here is the article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-weighing-just-six-stone-wasting-away-ME.html

Remy

Administrator
It’s a good question. I’ve asked a couple of lawyer friends because it seems like a legal matter. Will let you know if I find anything out!

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources