Do you have a caregiver?

Michelle S.

I was wondering how many CFS sufferers have a caregiver. If you do, how did you find a caregiver? If not, what do you do about assistance and loneliness?

Eset Isadore

Very good question... I hope others post! I have a husband. Yet we’re often hitting his (reasonable) limits due to the severity of my case. We’re trying to think creatively about how to consider additional help, given financial limitations as well as the vicissitudes (which include little real function) of my daily capacity. We’re also worried about having one more person with whom to communicate.

Michelle S.

Very good question... I hope others post! I have a husband. Yet we’re often hitting his (reasonable) limits due to the severity of my case. We’re trying to think creatively about how to consider additional help, given financial limitations as well as the vicissitudes (which include little real function) of my daily capacity. We’re also worried about having one more person with whom to communicate.

Thanks. My ex-husband lives down the road about a mile. He does errands for me and just did a major shopping trip today. I live alone and everyone in my family (my ex, son and siblings) has no choice but to work full time. My doctor is suspecting that I have additional serious health issues in addition to CFS. Every day it gets more difficult to function. The other night my ex had to actually hold me up to walk (this was not the first time). I really am at a loss for what to do.

TJ_Fitz

I was wondering how many CFS sufferers have a caregiver. If you do, how did you find a caregiver? If not, what do you do about assistance and loneliness?

My wife is the closest thing I have, or need. I'm fairly functional in the CFS spectrum. We just celebrated our first anniversary in November, so I guess I found my caregiver by dating! I've been very blessed to be as functional as I am, and to have found someone who wants to be with me even though I have a non-negligible impairment.

Kit Cat

Michelle S.

Excellent question. This is a post I wrote with some ideas I have tried for finding a caregiver, I hope something here might be helpful:

https://howtogeton.wordpress.com/2017/02/07/how-to-find-wonderful-housemates-caregivers/

There are state programs that provide free caregivers, but in most states your condition has to be severe to qualify (often these programs are designed to help keep people out of nursing homes).
https://howtogeton.wordpress.com/how-to-get-a-caregiver/

That is an amazing blog!!!! I love your artwork too! Thank you for sharing this.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources