Dr. Goldstein's "Resurrection Cocktail"

Dr. Goldstein's "Resurrection Cocktail"

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Cort submitted a new resource:

Dr. Goldstein's "Resurrection Cocktail" - For bedridden patients

Dr. Goldstein gave his "Resurrection Cocktail" to patients who had been bedridden for more than a year and for whom he would only see once. It apparently was a mix of the most potent drugs he had for ME/CFS.
  • Ketamine
  • IV ascorbate
  • IV lidocaine
  • IV thyrotropin- releasing hormone (which raises all biogenic amines plus acetylcholine)...

Read more about this resource...

zzz

A year ago, I wrote an extended description of Dr. Goldstein's "Resurrection Cocktail", including the doses of all the components as obtained from various writings by Dr. Goldstein. You can find this account here. @Cort, please feel free to add to your resource any material from this post that you find useful.
For transparency, he surrendered his medical license.

http://www.casewatch.org/board/med/goldstein.pdf

The reasons for the surrender of his medical license had nothing to do with the Resurrection Cocktail, or any of his treatments in particular. As the document you reference notes,
Respondent acknowledges that he suffers a neurological impairment that affects his ability to practice medicine safely.

Shortly before his retirement, Dr. Goldstein experienced a severe neck injury that he describes in detail in Tuning the Brain. Based on this, and on what is known of his life since his retirement, it appears that this injury is what was responsible for his retirement, and what is referred to in the above document.

Sections 15 and 16 also outline the conditions under which Dr. Goldstein could apply for reinstatement of his license. These included the requirement that he had recovered sufficiently from his disability to be able to be able to practice medicine safely. Unfortunately, he never did.

Who Me?

I never said it was due specifically to his cocktail but it was his out of the box treatment. Corts piece said he retired. He was forced to retire because his license was revoked

Even you say you don't know if it's his injury. I was here when it happened. I know what went on with his practice and how he was perceived in the community.

It makes no difference to me but I think the facts should be there, not white washed. Let people come to their own conclusion.

Judith

For transparency, he surrendered his medical license.

http://www.casewatch.org/board/med/goldstein.pdf
Oh, that's too bad. The court document states that Dr. Goldstein has a neurological condition that prohibits him from practicing medicine safely. I really don't know much about him, but what I've read here makes me feel sad that the CFS community has lost a very special provider. Judith

Pffff! I should have read down further. Seems that, according to Who Me? the story may be more than what it appears. Well, regardless, it's unfortunate all the way 'round. J

Cort

Founder of Health Rising and Phoenix Rising
Staff member
Oh, that's too bad. The court document states that Dr. Goldstein has a neurological condition that prohibits him from practicing medicine safely. I really don't know much about him, but what I've read here makes me feel sad that the CFS community has lost a very special provider. Judith

Pffff! I should have read down further. Seems that, according to Who Me? the story may be more than what it appears. Well, regardless, it's unfortunate all the way 'round. J
I don't know about the license surrender - I haven't read about it..
A year ago, I wrote an extended description of Dr. Goldstein's "Resurrection Cocktail", including the doses of all the components as obtained from various writings by Dr. Goldstein. You can find this account here. @Cort, please feel free to add to your resource any material from this post that you find useful.

The reasons for the surrender of his medical license had nothing to do with the Resurrection Cocktail, or any of his treatments in particular. As the document you reference notes,

Shortly before his retirement, Dr. Goldstein experienced a severe neck injury that he describes in detail in Tuning the Brain. Based on this, and on what is known of his life since his retirement, it appears that this injury is what was responsible for his retirement, and what is referred to in the above document.

Sections 15 and 16 also outline the conditions under which Dr. Goldstein could apply for reinstatement of his license. These included the requirement that he had recovered sufficiently from his disability to be able to be able to practice medicine safely. Unfortunately, he never did.
ZZZ - great job on the resurrection cocktail. Thanks for allowing me to add it to the resource - which I am doing right now.

I applaud Dr. Goldstein's commitment to doing whatever it took to help his patients. I imagine that his unorthodox approach was going to cause him trouble at some point - I don't know if it did but I imagine it would - but since two doctors I saw were at one time or the other temporarily shutdown by the authorities (they later reopened) I would be surprised if he didn't get into hot water at some point. It was unfortunate we lost such a creative and dedicated physician.

It was ridiculous how far ahead of the curve he was on ketamine.

Last edited:
Reactions: zzz

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources